Hard working, Senior level Physics and Applied Mathematics undergraduate. Seeking future employment or internship in research or engineering areas. Experience with mathematical modeling and data programs; MatLab, Maple, Comsol Multiphysics, Python, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Currently a research assistant at the Center for Biophysical Sciences and Engineering. Knowledge of physics concepts in Statistical Thermodynamics, Quantum Mechanics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetism and experimental methods. Experience with Differential Equations, PDE Modeling, Linear Algebra, Vector Calculus, Probability and Statistics.
University of Alabama at Birmingham 2009 - Present
Physics and Applied Mathematics Double Major
Completed 36 credit hours, of the 40 credit hour Physics Honors Program. Completed 32 credit hours, of the 40 credit hour. Applied Mathematics Program. All core curriculum completed. 3.43 GPA overall, 3.80 Physics GPA. Scheduled graduation is December 2013.
Shades Valley High School, Irondale Alabama 2006 - 2009
Early experience in rudimentary computer modeling, robotics, and C++
• Accepted to UAB’s Physics Honors Program.
• Accepted to UAB’s REU summer internship.
• Research at the Center for Biophysical Sciences and Engineering (CBSE) under supervision of Dr. Renato Camata.
• Complete assembly of a Thorlabs Optical Trapping Kit (OTKB), soon to be used for microrheological studies of complex fluids.
• Currently producing a detailed assembly and user’s manual for the OTKB. To be used by future CBSE researchers
• Numerous finite element and modeling projects using MatLab, Maple, Comsol, and Excel.