FIELD OF INTEREST: MUSEUM WORK AND HISTORICAL RECORDS
Dynamic professional pursuing an opportunity to illustrate the relevance of the past in within present day settings. I am motivated to work with historical institutions and individuals with a need for restoration of photos and/or to be involved in digitizing photogs and artifact collections into modern computeried data bases. I bring with me exceptional relationship skills, a strong work ethic, and the proven ability to offer detail-orientation expertise.
Freelance Photo Restoration
2006 - present
Highly skilled in the art of digitally restoring damaged photos. I have a large group repeat clients and dozens of references.
Digitizing Museum Photo Collections
2013 – present
Experienced with operation of industrial scanners and placing the files I create into the museum data base.
Durham Museum–Photo Archives Omaha, NE
• Re-housing 100 year-old collection of acetate and glass negatives to acid-free housing. Assigning individual descriptions and labels using Microsoft Excel program.
• Render first-rate services as docent for the George Washington Carver exhibit.
• Perform data entry conversion for a newly obtained archive; input all accession numbers as well as descriptions in Past Perfect Museum database.
Job Title 2010
Strategic Air and Space Museum Ashland, IA
• Participated in a museum library research inventory of 4000-pieces, organized the books, arranged collection by accession numbers, and rendered a comprehensive result of 90% retention accountability.
• Offered top rate assistance with installing nine artifact display cases for Howard Hughes exhibit.
• Took command as a capable docent while conducting tours of the Hughes artifacts.
Job Title 2010–Present
Historical Landmark Home of Civil War General Grenville M. Dodge Council Bluffs, IA
? Sorted according to date a vast collection of original paper and photographic artifacts in fading condition. Identified select artifacts to be housed and stored, then re-scanned and mounted display-worthy items on acid-free medium for viewing in display cases.
? Working closely with a Civil War expert, I recorded descriptions of artifacts and accessioned Civil War infantry weapons into the museum registry,
Job Title 2010–2011
DeSoto Bend Wild Life Refuge and Museum Missouri Valley, IA
• Provided sole support in processing files, creating labels, and identifying photographs of all collection artifacts.
• Studied in-situ excavation photographs to track and identify particular pieces of collection.
• Dated and organized log of reel footage taken in 1969 and made a Microsoft Excel chart of my findings.
• Carefully investigated contents of 40 text documents to identify the names of well-known specialists who contributed to the excavation event and converted information into a modern database program.
Job Title 2011–2012
The Nishna Heritage Museum Oakland, IA
• Offered physical assistance with Disaster Relief protocol by gathering salvageable pieces, running an internet research effort to locate sites for items with no relevance to the museum’s history.
• Photo Restoration and Reproduction
• Document and photo scanning
• BACHELOR OF ARTS IN HISTORY, Buena Vista University, Council Bluffs, IA
• ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE AWARD
• TOP STUDENT IN HISTORY MAJOR AWARD
• Published Photographer
• Microsoft Office Suite Programs Certification
• Grant Writing Certification
• Past Perfect Programs
• Digitization of Historical Photos and Documents
• Society of American Archivists, Museum Archives Section
• Nebraska State Historical Society
• Historical Society of Pottawattamie, County, IA
• American Research Center in Egypt
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Computer Hardware and Software Applications
• Internet Applications
• Adobe Photoshop Expertise
• Durham Museum Photo Archives
Sarah Swain, Curator Photo Archives, 402-444-5071 X524
• Strategic Air And Space Museum
Bryan York, Curator, 402-944-3100 x206
• DeSoto Bend Wild Life Refuge and Museum
Dean Knudsen, Curator, 712-642-5413
• General Grenville M. Dodge House, Historic Landmark & Museum
Kori Nelson, Executive Director, 712-322-2460