I am an experienced technology, business, public relations, and marketing writer and editor. I have over 10 years of technology writing and editing experience in all phases of editorial production including editor-in-chief of a national B2B technology publication.
I also have extensive business writing and public-relations/marketing writing experience for a variety of companies and industries.
7005 E. Girard Ave.
Denver, Colorado 80224
(303) 783-9938 home
(303) 523-0545 cell
* Over 12 years of IT industry news and feature writing, editing, and product and technology coverage.
* Over four years of storage industry news and feature writing, editing, and product and technology coverage.
* Persuasive and articulate written and verbal skills.
* Proven management track record with consistent budgetary and profitability success.
* Company-award winning manager.
* Successful small business owner.
* Technical writing
* Vendor research and analysis
* Web content management
* Copywriting & proofreading
* Website design & management
* Legal analysis & writing
* AP Stylebook
* Chicago Manual of Style
* Marketing & business writing
* HTML, CSS, SEO
* Technology research & analysis
* Blogging, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest
* Published the top national business-to-business monthly publication for communications service providers.
* Published national business-to-business monthly publication for wireless design industry.
* Increased revenue 100% and subscriber base 286% between 1997 and 2001.
* Earned two coveted company Chairman Awards for reaching 30% profitability and 15% revenue growth for two consecutive years.
* Earned company-wide Chairman's Award for best product launch by creating and publishing national business-to-business monthly publication and web site for competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs) that produced a $50,000 first-year profit.
* Promoted from associate editor to managing editor and editor-in-chief in four years.
* Organized educational schedule for profitable conference and trade exhibition.
* Instituted significant cost-saving measures and launched profitable quarterly publication supplement and email and online newsletter to make media group profitable during industry consolidation and recession.
* Revamped and updated publication and web site design and content focus for the first time in 25 years without additional budget or resources.
10/2008--present, News & Features Writer, TechTarget Inc., Denver, Colorado
11/2007--8/2008, Senior Editor, Penton Technology Media, Loveland, Colorado
4/2004 - 11/2007, Solo Practitioner Attorney, Littleton, Colorado
11/2002 - 11/2003, Editor in Chief, Online Content Administrator, PriMedia Business Magazines & Media, Greenwood Village, Colorado
5/1997 - 11/2002, Editor in Chief, Managing Editor, Technology Editor, Associate Editor, Conference Chairman, Online Contributing Editor, In House Counsel, Penton Technology Media, Golden, Colorado
Training and Education
University of Denver Publishing Institute, Denver, Colorado, Graduate Certificate 1996
University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado, J.D. 1991
The Colorado College, Colorado Springs, Colorado, B.S. 1988