An entry-level writing position as part of a dynamic production team.
Bachelor of Arts, Communications Studies
Concordia University, Montreal, Canada Expected December 2013
• Major: Communications Studies
• Elective Concentration: Business Studies
• Related courses: Advanced video/television production, radio production, sound production, communication theory, television studies, film studies, business management, business ethics and business law.
RELATED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Video, Television and Radio Production
• Part of a writing/directing team for a student-produced half-hour program for broadcast television.
• Writer, producer and director on several short films produced in conjunction with Concordia University.
• Experience in writing, producing, voice tracking and on-air hosting various forms of radio content at both the college and university level.
Other related experience
• Staff writer for the sports website www.lastwordonsports.com.
• Performance background in stand-up comedy and theatre.
• Knowledge working with: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro 7, Pro Tools 6 and 7, Audacity.
• Experience with DJ platforms Virtual DJ LE, PCDJ DEX 2, Traktor Pro 2, Serato Scratch Live.
• Adept at using online social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bilingual in English and French.
DJ and Emcee
Tux Productions April 2010 to present
• Responsible for the setup of all audio-visual equipment used during the event, playing music through appropriate means (computer, portable devices, etc.), animating/hosting the event and maintaining a fun atmosphere throughout.
Available upon request.