DHIREN KUMAR SAHA
Born on 23rd March, 1972
B.V.A. (Painting, Fine Art) passed in 1995. Govt. College of Art & Craft, University of Calcutta.
Type of my Creative work - ( old phase )
Type of my Creative work ( New Phase )
Page – 1/5
Type of my Drawing
Type of my work ( Water Colour )
Type of my metal Sculpture
Type of my Ceramic Designing
Film Appreaciation Course , University of Calcutta. 1994 -95.
Basic Course of Photography, Chhayapath, Kolkata – 1994.
Parcussion – Tabla, Mridangam, Base drum, Kettle Drum, Bugle etc. Page - 2/5
NCC – Rank – Sergeant.
Batik, Leather Batik, Clay modeling, Wood Curving, Metal Sculpture,
Fashion Designing ( Haute Couture , Female ).
1st Ramp, Lady’s Golf Club, Kolkata , 24 October, 2010
2nd Ramp , Nico Park , Nolbun food Court, 31st Dec. 2010.
Assistant Art Director ( Film Set Designing ) , Bombay , 1995 -96.Under Ajit Pattanayak.
Dew Drops , Kolkata – 1996 – 1998 ( English medium Scvhool )
Residenciaal Model School - D H Road – 1998 – 1999 ( English medium School )
Crescent Day School , Kolkata – 1999 – 2001 ( English Medium School )
B K Birla Shree Bharati School, Kolkata – 2001 – 2011 ( Premium English medium School , continuing )
• Exhibition Chairman Award in 1994 in the Annual Salon of Govt. College of Art and Craft. Kolkata for outstanding painting.
• Ganesh Haloi Award in 1995 in the Annual Salon of Govt. College of Art and Craft, Kolkata for the best painting of the show.
• Pratima Tagore Award in 1994 from Oriental Society of Art, Kolkata.
• Awarded for outstanding Drawing by All India Fine Art & Craft Society 2002.
• Group show of India Selected Artists in West Germany, Hosted by RPG and Bayer AG in 1998 (International level).
• 50 years of Indian Independence, hosted by AIFACS in 1997, Kolkata (State level).
• “Harmony Show” hosted by Reliance in 1996 (National level) continuing.
• Participated in the Annual Exhibition of Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Kolkata 1999.
• Participated in the Annual Exhibition of Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Mumbai, 1997-2000.
• Participated in the AIFACS Annual Exhibition in 2002 (State Level). Page – 3/5
• Participated in the Annual Exhibition of (Group Show) Folio Art Gallery, Chandigarh, 1999.
• Participated in the Annual Exhibition of Oriental Society of Art, Kolkata, 1993.
• Participated in the Self Portraits Exhibition hosted by RPG in 2001, Mumbai.
• Participated in the Annual Exhibition of AIFACS, 2002, Delhi. Exhibition was inaugurated by HE Mr. K.R. Narayanan (President of India).
• Nehru Centre, Bombay, 1997.
• Bengal Art Collection, J-51, Mumbai, 2001.
• Participated in the Self-portrait exhibition hosted by R.P.G. Kolkata 2002.
• Participated in the Exhibition “ The RPG collection contemporary paintings of Bengal”, hosted by RPG at National Gallery of Modern Art, Bombay 11th July to 31st August 2003.
• Participated in the Exhibition “ Young Face of Contemporary Indian Art” hosted by Birla Academy 2003.
• Group show in Bangalore – Gallery 'G', Maini Sadan 2006.
Group Show in Singapore, Conducted by Art world, Chennai, 2007.
• Group show in Academy of Fine Arts, Bengal Painters. Kolkata. 08.
• Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai , 2009.
Page – 3/4
• “The Leela”, Mumbai, 1999, Sponsored by Arts Trust and The Leela Hotel.
• J-51, Bombay, 1999, Sponsored by Arts Trust.
• Jehangir Art Gallery, sponsored by RPG, Mumbai, 2001.
• Gallery of Society of Contemporary Artist (will be holding) Kolkata, 2001.
• Birla Academy of Art and Culture ,Kolkata, 2003.
* Taj Bengal Hotel, Kolkata, 08.
* India Habitat Centre, Delhi, 2010. .
PAINTINGS COLLECTED BY IMPORTANT PERSONALITIES
• Harsh V. Goenka, Sanjiv Goenka (RPG).
• Tina Ambani (Tina Munim), Reliance.
• Rita Vimani Managing Directress, Public Relations, (Ex-Art Critic, Statesman) Calcutta.
• Vikram Sethi (Managing Director, The Art Trust) Mumbai.
• Mita Bazoria, Alka Pandey, Videocon Co.
• A.B.N. Ambro Bank, Mumbai, Mr. Mike Khanna (H.T.A.) & USA, UK, Australia.
• Mr B. K. Birla , Mrs. Jayasre Mohta ( Private Collection)
• Birla Academy, Kolkata
• Sandhya Verma, Kolkata
• Mrs. Jayashree Mohta, Kolkata.
• 2004-2005, all the paintings were collected by Renox Commercial Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata.
• Participated in the Art Camp with the leading Artists of Bengal, hosted by Pather Panchali, Calcutta, 1993.
• Particiaped in the Art camp with the leading Artists of India as Anjali-Ela Menon, Param Jeet Singh, Arpita Singh, Sanjay Bhattacharya, Yusuf Arakkal, Paresh Maity, etc. Mumbai, hosted by RPG and Arts Trust at Marve 1998.
• Participated in the kalamcla, hosted by Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata, 2000.
• Participated in the Art camp with the leading Artists of India at Marve, Mumbai, 2000.
• Participated in the Art camp with the leading Artists of Bengal, hosted by Information and Cultural Center West Bengal Government, Kolkata 2003.
• Participated in the auction with the leading Artists of India, hosted by National Museum of Modern Art, ABN Ambro Bank, Taj Mahal Hotel, Rotary Club, Art Trust, Mumbai, 2000.
Page – 4/5
• Asian Age-Kolkata, 1998.
• Mid-Day, Mumbai, 1998.
• Star Plus and Star News with Anjali Ela Menon, Mumbai, 1998.
• The Telegraph, Kolkata, 1999.
• The Economic Times of India, Kolkata, 2000, Indian Express, Mumbai, 2000.
• Zee News, 2001, In Mumbai, 2001, Afternoon, 2001.
• Asian Age, Kolkata, 2001.
• Statesman, Kolkata, 2002.
• Sanmarg (Hindi Daily), Kolkata, 2002.
• Ganashakti 2003.
• ETV, Karnataka, Bangalore 2006.
• Tara News , Kolkata, 08.
• Group Show in Academy of Fine Arts , Kolkata - 2009.
C11/A, Rajnarayan Park, Rongkal, Boral Main Road, Garia,
( Near Ramkrishna Iron Stores )
Kolkata – 700 154,
E – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
M. : 9230849173, 9339125038
Dhiren Kumar Saha
Page - 5/5