Ted D. Davis
Objective My strength is helping others accomplish their goals, and my diverse communications skill set and work experience qualifies me to do so.
Experience 2008-2012 ARC of Jefferson County Birmingham, Alabama
• Worked with eight mentally retarded men in a group home setting.
• Assisted other staff with training residents in hygiene, money management, domestic chores, and behavioral management.
• MAC certified to dispense medications.
1999-2008 Bricklayer City Construction Birmingham, Alabama
Brick sales/Residential construction
• Increased brick sales from $20,000 to $61,000 from 2007 to 2008.
• Managed 15 full and part time construction and brick sales personnel.
• Performed all secretarial and correspondence on 3.5 million dollar UAB Hospital renovation.
2005-2006 Birmingham Botanical Gardens Birmingham, Alabama
• Assisted Education Dept with its County Schools field trip series.
• Conducted field trips when scheduled instructors were unavailable, instructing K-8 students on horticulture and plant life.
• Helped assemble field trip fliers, utilizing Microsoft Word and Office.
2004 Hoover Recreation Hoover, Alabama
Summer Camp Counselor
• Co-counseled 16 six to seven year old campers.
• Worked directly with three Autistic, teenaged males as a behavioral aide.
Education 2010-present University of Montevallo Montevallo, Alabama
• B.A., Communications/Journalism, 2014.
• 2.987 GPA.
Interests Basketball, weight training, Prose writing and music.