1000 Valley Ridge Blvd Lewisville Texas 75077
Career Focus Writer/Editor responsibilities with a magazine, PR firm, book publisher, or newspaper.
Experience Summary • Experienced in writing feature articles, short stories, biographies, essays, editorial pieces, press releases, research reports, and creative print.
• Well versed in copyediting /editing of interviews, and proofreading, most recently as assistant editor for a business periodical.
• Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with virtually all writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• Competent researcher, interviewer, and reporter.
Education B.A., Public Policy -, Beulah Heights University, Atlanta Georgia 2000
Experience Editor – The Man Outside, Decatur Georgia
• Edit write, and proofread all articles for the online newspaper
• Work with guest writers (many of whom have no formal training in writing) to organize and refine articles.
• Assist with copywriting and advertising layout. 2007
Writer, Newsroom - Radio, Blog Talk and Talk Shoe
Wrote newscasts Monitored newswire for national ground-breaking stories and developed local angles.
• Chief reporter on assignments.
• Fielded calls from listeners on line.
• Operated equipment, switchboard). 2007-2013
Editorial Staff –Broken Pieces Decatur Georgia
• Exposure included various aspects of publication.
• Developed contacts with record companies and PR firms.
• Worked with magazine during its transition. 2001-2006
Recording Artist – Decatur Georgia
• Books written
• Poetry copy written and online 2000-2013
Computer Skills WordPerfect • Microsoft Word • IBM and Macintosh Systems
Writing Samples & References Available