• Ability to work with a variety of age/learner levels
• Strong communication, problem solving, analytical and assertiveness skills.
• Execute and dedicated to the learning cycle.
• Ensure quality delivery of the lessons.
• Commit to providing the highest quality of teaching to both external and internal customers.
• Keep learner records and profile cards up to date.
• Native proficiency in the Spanish language.
• Honours Major – Environmental Studies, Planning stream, York University, 2008
• Diploma as a teacher of English as a Second language, TESL, Benns Int., 2004
• Honours Major – Economics, Corporation Uni-Costa, Colombia, 1990
• Diploma as a Computer Programmer, Northern University, Colombia, 1984
• Computer skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ESRI Arc-GIS and SPSS
Academy of Language and Culture, Spanish Instructor (P/T) 2004-2010
• Taught Spanish to adults through communicative and language immersion approaches.
• Developed and evaluated standards and assessments for Honors level curriculum.
• Planned and controlled study abroad exchange with the partner school in Spain.
• Developed a customized syllabus for students to improve student motivation and integration
York University, Faculty of Environmental Studies Fall 2009
• Provided assistant to Professor Hassan in the course ENVS 4225 Urban Sustainability I
• Marked Papers, assignments and presentations
• Kept track on attendance and advised students on assignments
. The Body Sop
Store Manager, Sherway Gardens, Etobicoke 2004 - 2006
In charge of the sales, merchandising, staff performing, inventory and sales budget set by Area Sales Manager And head office on daily basis.
During my tenure as Store Manager, I have achieved growth of 1.1% sales over last year. The store was performing below or at zero growth for over one year plus. We ranked 76 out 140 stores from 109 in less than 6 months, in 2005.
Henry’s Photo, Video & Digital
Assistant Store Manager, Scarborough 2001- 2004
Worked closely with the store manager and V.P. of retail operations to effectively operate a $6.5 million retail store and efficiently create a pleasant and highly productive retail business. Ensured maximized customer satisfaction through excellent product knowledge and superior customer service. Assisted in all human resources functions including hiring and training of employees.
• Trained and managed a team of 8-12 sales associates, including development of recruitment and retention strategies.
• Maintained the store as the best merchandised location within the company and used as an example to managers, vendors and visitors.
Loblaws McCowan Superstore, Markham
Electronics Department Manager 2000-2001
Monitored the daily operation of the new electronics department of the Loblaws chain of supermarkets
• Assisted in the launch the new electronic department concept within the Loblaws chain.
• Facilitated the set-up of new electronic departments at two new locations.
Sony of Canada (The Sony Stores)
Assistant Store Manager, Barrie and Pickering 1996-2000
Responsible for the daily operation of stores ranging from $2 to $4 million in sales. I was the
troubleshooter for the Barrie and Richmond Hill locations as requested by the district manager.
• Trained and managed a team of 5 to 7 sales associates, including development of recruitment and retention strategies.
• Helped set-up the new concept store in Barrie.
• Exceeded sales budget by 20% over previous year (1998) and 10% in Sonycare (Sony’s Extended Service Plan).