Janet K. Galyean
• Receptionist/Accounting Clerk: Answered phones, assisted accounting in entering invoices and writing checks for mid-sized construction company. Promoted to accounts payable and payroll clerk after one year.
• Bookkeeper: Managed accounts receivable/payable and administered payroll for small millwork company.
• Office Manager: Served as human resources assistant for company policies and workers’ compensation and company health insurance; kept inventory of office supplies and equipment; organized and maintained filing system; compiled reports; administered weekly (hourly) and salary payroll; client contact liaison.
• Teacher, Teacher Assistant, Secretary and Librarian: Worked for church child development center for ages 3 months through elementary age in each of these capacities over several years.
• Account Executive: Provided account management and support, including office management and support as well as news release writing, editing and circulation. Responsible for agency assessment project for major client.
• Computer literate: Current working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs and Quicken accounting software. Shown capability in learning new programs as needed.
• Editor and Proofreader: Skilled in editing and proofreading; good grasp of grammar rules; excellent speller.
• Project Coordinator: Practiced at managing multi-part projects; detail oriented; good organizational skills; adept at maintaining schedules.
• Associate of Arts degree in Journalism