EXPERIENCE SUBSTITUTE TEACHER – YORK COUNTY, PA
- Teaching on a per diem basis for both public school districts and local LIU.
STUDENT TEACHER – CENTRAL YORK HIGH SCHOOL
- Assisted in the design and implementation of a new Common Core Curriculum for 9th grade English.
- Integrated the Collins Writing System into unit and lesson planning.
- Created new and alternative assessments including cold read tests.
- Co-taught with learning support professionals and provided differentiation as needed.
- Attended IEP meetings and communicated with parents and other educational professionals.
- Participated in 9th grade iPad pilot program and associated trainings.
PARALEGAL – DALE E ANSTINE, P.C.
January 2003 – April 2009
- Researched legal issues and prepared various documents as necessary.
- Acquired, organized, and summarized complex medical records for attorney use.
- Maintained detailed client files.
- Assisted secretaries and attorneys with scheduling and correspondence as needed.
EDUCATION MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA – BSE ENGLISH
Graduated *** Laude December 2012.
Currently working toward ESL Program Specialist Certification.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & LEADERSHIP Community VP York Jaycees 2005-2006 – Planned and recruited staffing for various community service projects. Planned fundraising for projects.
“Big Sister” for Big Brothers Big Sisters of York County 2006-2010
“Big Sister” for York County Distinguished Young Women (formerly York County Junior Miss) 2007-Present – Mentor high school juniors regarding public speaking, community involvement, and professionalism.
REFERENCES JENNIFER BALMER
Teacher – Central York High School
ELLIOTT SEDA PH.D.
Supervisor – Millersville University
MARGARET KREMER MARTIN