Objective: Seeking a position that will use my communications and design skills.
Business and Marketing Communications Experience
Computer Skills: Design and Media Courses 2010: XHTML, MCAS (Microsoft Word & Power Point), Adobe PhotoShop CS4, FrontPage, Oracle, Access 2007, Excel 2007, Illustrator CS4, PageMaker, InDesign CS4, Dreamweaver and Blackboard. Operating Systems: Mac System 10, Windows XP, Vista and DEFINE.
Marketing Communications: Consultant/Sales 1997-Present
Customer Service/Inbound Sales rep for Time Warner Cable (Nexxlinx). Assist cable customers with cable, internet and digital phone purchases and retain current clients through retention incentives.
Conduct market research on software products and edit web content for various companies. Co-author business plans, brochures and PowerPoint presentations for startup businesses. Edit and design grant proposals. Wrote mortgage loan proposals and met with prospective borrowers. Clients include First Capitol Mortgage, E&G Associates, InfoWare, McCray Business Development Group and Building the Kingdom Productions.
Software Trainer/Consultant: 1997-2009
• Consult with private clients regarding computer hardware and software purchases and provide tutoring on Microsoft Office and Adobe Products.
• Taught Microsoft Office and Web Design courses for the following clients: Upward Bound Program at Glen Oaks Community College, Austin Community College and the Austin Area Urban League.
Program Coordinator: Math and Science Education Cooperative of The University of Texas at Austin: 2000-2003
• Wrote and awarded a FAST-TEX grant for support of a student to develop web-based courseware for Science Education faculty.
• Supervised student web developer and provided artistic direction.
• Created budgets for multi-million dollar grant proposals and ongoing programs.
• Managed $150,000 + fiscal accounts for all Eisenhower grants. Administrate all new grant accounts using DEFINE.
• Created budgets and developed educational conferences for science educators.
Volunteer- Praise team music team member for several years with the Voices of Praise and Rock Praise teams. Recorded the CD Dana Carson Ministries Presents VOP in 2000. Currently recording songs for upcoming release.
Hobbies- Watercolor and multimedia artist. Graphic t-shirts for children and adults.
B.S.E. Engineering Science –The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Postgraduate English (Professional Writing) Coursework-Western Michigan University 1991
MCAS and Design and Media Courses-New Horizons, Kalamazoo, MI 2010