Bilingual Accountant speaking French and English with 14 years of experience in Accounting and finances, in setting up financial system, internal controls and preparation of financial statements is seeking a challenging position in Accounting requiring a qualified accounting professional and valued team player with business acumen, computer proficiency, and a commitment to quality and accuracy.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Management and administrative experience in the day to day accounting practices and in developing and implementing programs and practices which meet all organizational needs.
• Reconciled bank and credit cards statements. And recorded journal entries and prepared financial statements.
• Restored financial systems for 5 companies and managed the Accounts payable and Accounts receivables.
• Prepared payroll with ADP and Time Pilot software and maintained financial records and adopted a binders system to archive the financial data.
• Developed plans and recommendations to reduce deficits to meet annual budget goals. Prepared and generated financial reports and grant budgets for submission to current and prospective funding sources and the Board of Directors.
• Performed quality control on the financial reports from International transactions and trained students in PeopleSoft Compass and ACCPAC and bookkeepers for QuickBooks.
• Set up a financial system for a construction company in QuickBooks Contractual Premier, Construction, Not-for Profit and worked hand in hand with the CPA to ensure the accuracy, and effectiveness of the accounting system in place.
• Created W2 form, 1099 Form, filing taxes and return taxes for quarterly and yearly reports and interacted with the pre-audit preparation, preparing internal audit information, ensuring audit conformance with SEC regulations, maintaining audit records, and other functions, and Sarbanes Oxley Law.
• Familiar with IRS Tax Law for Profit and Not-Profit organizations.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES SKILLS
• Oversaw the Marketing of Taste of Africa and Caribbean Fund Raising Event
• Developed budgets and grant for the project.
• Grant Writing Skills
• Formed sales persons for our fundraising events.
Proficient in using PeopleSoft, ACCPAC SAGE, QuickBooks Premier Contractor 2009, Intuit Payroll,
Time Pilot software for payroll, Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheet, PowerPoint Presentation, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access
Tax Preparer, NCR Tax Services: (1/1/2010–Present)
• Rendered Tax and accounting services to taxpayers and small businesses.
• Prepared financial statements for small businesses and monitoring their loans request with different lenders, nationally and internationally.
• Advocated for taxpayers with IRS as a Tax Advocate.
• Amending Tax for previous years and getting adequate results for taxpayers.
• Creating Profit and Loss Statements for small businesses to get them funding with investors locally and internationally.
Grant Accountant with Rwanda Zambia HIV Research Group (RZHRG) Emory University
(July 2009 – December, 2009)
• Implemented improved internal controls for agency operations and for audit compliance both governmental requirements (A-133 Audits) and Financial Audit.
• Developed plans and recommendations to reduce deficits and meet annual budget goals.
• Prepared and generated financial reports and grant budgets for submission to current and prospective funding sources and the Board of Directors
• Performed quality control on the financial reports send from the African sites to Emory office
• Communicating with Zambia and Rwanda regarding the expenses and transactions made on the sites for the HIV program. Created cover letters for each reporting period and entering E-Journals in the FAS Accounting Software. Analyzed Data from FAS and transferring E-journals from on Grant account to another.
Senior Accountant: The Water Works, Inc Waterfront, MD (January 2008- June 2009)
• Responsible of Finances and setting up a financial system for a construction company in QuickBooks.
• Interacted with software, QuickBooks Construction and Time Pilot payroll. In house payroll preparation, and creation paychecks with QuickBooks assisted module online and printing the checks.
• Responsible of Account Receivables and invoicing customers; Job costing and Cost accounting.
• Responsible for directing day to day financial operations, financial statements preparation, management reporting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget administration, bank reconciliation, journal entry preparation, records maintenance, report preparation, and handling a wide variety of special projects. Created W2 and 1099 Form at the end of the year, and filing sales taxes and returns taxes for each quarterly reporting period.
• Reported directly to the President, and participated in the company financial meeting for decision making purposes.
Director and Controller of Finances, Dale City Christian Church and Child Development Center Dale City, Virginia (2002-2007)
• Responsible for directing day to day financial operations, financial statement preparation, management reporting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budget administration, bank reconciliation, journal entry preparation, records maintenance, report preparation, and handling a wide variety of special projects.
• Have established new financial and accounting procedures, while implementing new computerized accounting systems for the church and the Dale City Child Development Academy and Childcare.
• Have trained four bookkeepers and accounting in the knowledge of the church finances office as well as in the academy.
• Financial statements and cash flow presentation to the leaders of the church every first Saturday of the month at the Leaders conference.
• Maintained a healthy finance managerial atmosphere in the church finance office, and worked closely with the leaders and the Pastor of the church.
PART TIME JOBS
Staff Accountant, United Investments, Inc., Annandale, Virginia (March - June 2007)
• Responsible for accounts payable; check payment approval; bank reconciliation, computer data entry, maintaining account records, and report preparation.
Staff Accountant, Credit Solution & Financial Services, Inc., New Hampshire, MD (March - June 2006)
• Responsible for financial statement preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparing audit-related documentation, bank reconciliation, account analysis and reconciliation, overseeing purchase requisition system, processing credit card transactions, data entry, and other accounting-related functions.
Internal Auditor, BEARING POINT, Tyson Corner, Virginia (July – August 2006)
• Responsible for pre-audit preparation, preparing internal audit information, ensuring audit conformance with SEC regulations, maintaining audit records, and other functions, and Sarbanes Oxley Law.
Tax Preparer, Atlanta, GA Food Bank VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Preparation), (Summer 2006-2010)
• Responsible for preparing tax returns for low-income families. Duties included client consulting, tax return preparation, maintaining client records, and other related assignments
KELLER MANAGEMENT UNIVERSITY: Alpharetta, Georgia February 2011
MAFM - CPA Exam Preparation (Master in Accounting and Financial Management)
STRAYER UNIVERSITY: Woodbridge, Virginia June 2007
Master in Accounting and Controllership (MSAC)
HIGH TECHNICAL COLLEGE: Douala, Cameroon June 1987
BTS (Bachelor Degree for High Technicians in Accounting)
TAX PREPARER WITH AN APPROVED PTIN AND CAF NUMBERS