Name: Christopher David McCready
Address:7 Woodbreda Drive Belfast BT8 7HZ
GCSE - English Language-C, English Literature-C,
French- B , History-A , Information Technology-C,
Mathematics-C,Science Double Award-C,
A Level - Film Studies- C. Spanish-B, French-C
NTCJ Diploma –HND in Broadcast Journalism
Anti Bullying and Harassment Course- Intense training on how to deal with bullying in the workplace and what can be justified as bullying.
Off Limits Training Programme- Intense training on how to deal with under age drinkers and what identification is acceptable in off license premises.
My Personal Attributes
I have a qualification in Broadcast Journalism, in which I gained a lot of experience on Quark Express and have learned to adjust my writing skills depending on the topic I am writing about.
My main strengths would be that I am resourceful and committed. I have a thick skin which will help under pressure. I am able to judge the news for what is newsworthy and what the importance of the story is and make snap decisions on my own and find the proper focus for a story.
As I have mentioned, I have plenty of experience in Quark, Page Design and also Final Cut Pro when I created documentaries on a regular basis. I am also very computer literate and I am able to pick up new systems very easily.
I have gained the skill of 100 wpm shorthand that enables myself to increase speed and brevity of writing.
On a regular basis I am creating blogs for Irish News Review, in which I gather information that I believe is relevant to Belfast and how people can enjoy where they live. From tourism hot spots, to creating guides for local music nights and restaurant reviews. I gather this information in my spare time by doing certain interviews with local musicians and even calling into restaurants and reviewing their menus.
June 2012- January 2013: Belfast Biz Newspaper- Belfast
Title: Freelance Journalist
• Create and Develop content on a freelance basis
• Build contacts to maintain a flow of news, for example, police and emergency services, local council, community groups, health trusts, press officers from a variety of organisations, the general public, etc
• Work closely with the news team, photographers and editors
• Attend a variety of events, such as council meetings, football matches, etc
• Answer the phones on the news desk and reacting to breaking news stories
• Seek out and investigate stories via your contacts, press releases and other media
• Produce concise and accurate copy according to the newspaper's house style, and to strict deadlines
• Create and upload news content for the newspaper website
September 2007 – Present: Winemark off sales- Stranmillis
Title: Assistant manager
• Administration duties- books,ordering,stock takes,delivery dockets/achieve targets
• To give a high level of customer service at all times
• Till Operation/cash handling/banking procedures
• Staff training and development
• Maximise sales and profits
• Stock management and control- stocktaking and stock loss
• Reduce costs
February 2006-August 2007- Neil McCready Joinery - Donaghadee
Title: Apprentice Joiner
• Fit floorboards, kitchen and bathroom units
• Daily book work including payments and price listings
• Follow drawings and plans of houses
• Work as part of team and with other tradesmen
• Deal with customers and give a high level of customer service
January 2005- February2006 FS Wheels,Greenbank,Newry
Title: Administrative Assistant
• Relieve management of administrative detail, all projects
• Coordinate work flow
• Update and chase delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines
• Take initiative in manager's absence
• Keep projects on schedule
• Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of routines
• Compose correspondence/reports for own or manager's signature
• Arrange essential mail in priority action order for boss
• Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
VOLUNTARY SECTOR AND JOURNALISM EXPERIENCE
• Press Officer for Alabama 3 -During the Féile an Phobail festival 2012 in West Belfast, I acted as Press Officer for Alabama 3. I liaised with local press and media to organise meetings and interviews with the band. I had very little time but had to stick to a tight schedule. I managed to get the band on and off stage on time, allow time for interviews, photographs and autographs without aggravating the band or organisers of the festival. Duration -1 Day
• North Belfast News Work Experience Day- Worked along with other Journalists to research and create articles in reference to North Belfast via Internet and personal visits to clients for information. Duration -1 Day
• Belfast’s Blast FM- Creating a radio show for the Belfast Public and working with a team within a 3 hour time slot each week. Using own initiative to create a radio proposal, writing scripts for certain shows and to come up with new and exciting ideas each week. Duration- 2 Years.
• Belfast’s Feile FM- Created a two hour trance based show in West Belfast set Radio station in which I had to create a show, organize interviews, find research relating to the show and work with a large team to make sure that the show ran smoothly. Duration-1Year
• Castlereagh FM- Created a radio show for the Belfast Public and worked with a team within a 3 hour time slot Using own initiative to create a radio proposal, write scripts for show and to come up with new and exciting ideas for a weekly show. Duration-6 Months
• Belfast Met Online- Created a radio show for the Belfast Public and worked with a team within a 3 hour time slot. Using own initiative to create a radio proposal, writing scripts for show and to come up with new and exciting ideas for a weekly show. Duration- 1 Year
• Irish Football Association –I worked with the IFA for over two years as a freelance Journalist/Press Officer, in which I travelled and meet up with local sports stars, staff and referee’s from different sports. I arranged interviews, used video technology, sound technology and lighting equipment. I helped design the IFA’s new website, interview new sponsors and organisations and created online sporting features. Duration – 2 Years
Name: Dr John Coulter Name: Mrs Joanne Herron
Position: HND Broadcast Journalism Position: Manager
Co-Ordinator Company: Winemark
Company: Belfast Metropolitan College Address: 64 Stranmillis Road Belfast
Address: Millfield Campus Telephone No: 07540241280
Telephone Number: 028 9026 5000 Ext 3408