09/2011 – 12/2012 Euler Hermes North America, Baltimore, U.S.A (subsidiary of Allianz)
Regional Head of Communications
- Responsible for setting up the Communications function at Euler Hermes (EH) North America (incl. Media Relations, internal/ digital communications) in line with commercial goals, and to strengthen brand awareness within the region (incl. US, Canada, and Brazil).
- Developed and implemented region-wide communications plan in alignment with global EH strategy, enhancing EH’s reputation and driving sales efforts through strategic PR work in key markets and to key audience.
- Initiated and managed all aspects of the Communications function, incl. budget, staffing, selection of PR agency, reporting to Group entity and senior management.
- Responsible for a team of 3 people throughout the region.
- Initiated and managed the roll out of Allianz Presentation Excellence (APEX), targeting at improving sales/ presentation skills of sales people and client-facing staff through story-telling.
09/2009 – 09/2011 Allianz SE, Munich, Germany
Group Communications, External Communications
- Led research and supported the global strategic communication on all Allianz' business lines by seeking thought leadership on the identified societal trends demographic change, and climate change/ natural catastrophes.
- Developed and implemented communications plans 2010 and 2011 in line with global Allianz strategy; this included organizing regular press conferences, and preparing studies, factsheets and press releases.
- Initiated and managed quarterly study papers to deliver in-depth analysis and tangible messaging on key business risks and trends to global media and clients. Conducted a variety of press conferences (e.g. on climate change).
- Fostered collaboration within the network of over 100 communicators worldwide by monthly conference calls, Intranet community sections, bi-annual meetings. Supported the working group of UK communicators to increase inter-company collaboration in the UK.
12/2008 – 08/2009 Allianz Global Investors, Munich, Germany
Global Communications, External Communications
- Managed the content and design of the Media Relations/ Marketing website in line with key strategic and growth initiatives.
- Supported the preparation and conduct of the Annual Press Conference 2009 in London.
- Active member of the Allianz SE project group “Life/Asset/Demography” which bundles global strategic communication on life insurance, asset management and on demographic change, and its implications for society and business; monthly conference calls and personal meetings.
Internships at Deutsche Boerse AG, Frankfurt (Business Development); Frankfurter Neue Presse, Frankfurt (Local newspaper); ipse Communication, Berlin (Strategic PR agency); Trimedia Communications GmbH, Frankfurt (PR consultancy)
09/2009 – 09/2011 Steinbeis University Berlin
Master of Arts in Management (part-time)
09/2007 – 07/2008 University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
Year abroad; Study of Business Administration
09/2005 – 08/2008 Universiteit Maastricht, Netherlands
European Studies, Bachelor of Arts
LANGUAGES AND CERTIFICATES
German, English (expert)
French (working knowledge)
Successfully attended Allianz’ Media training, incl. writing efficient press releases, camera training, successfully delivering key messages in stressful situations
Certified Allianz Presentation Excellence (APEX) trainer. Program aims at increasing presentation and sales skills of key staff by use of storytelling.