Mount Saint Mary’s University Emmitsburg, MD
Bachelor of Arts in English May 2013
Study Abroad Program: Cuenca University
Washington Internship Institute, Washington, DC Aug 2012 – Dec 2012
• Participated in two classes: Internship Seminar & Inside Washington
• Placed into an internship:
o Steinbruck Center for Urban Studies, Washington, DC Sept 2012 – Dec 2012
• Served as an intern writing four articles for the newsletter and e-newsletter.
• Wrote a devotion for the Advent Devotional.
• Wrote two devotions and eleven poems for submission to the newsletter.
• Researched email marketing programs for the e-newsletter and organized contact list.
• Edited website content.
• Accompanied groups from universities and churches who visited for community service.
• Taught Spanish classes for women in the shelter and developed lesson plans.
Columbia Heights Youth Club, Washington, DC Summer 2012
• Wrote lyrics for songs performed at the Town Hall Education Arts Recreation Campus (THEARC)
U.S. Department of Human Services, Washington, DC Summer 2009-2010
• Responsible for filing and shredding personnel and confidential documents.
• Prepared clientele profile information using Word.
• Informed clientele by telephone of upcoming departmental programs.
• Logged departmental budget information using Excel.
Mount Saint Mary’s University Fall 2009-present
Lighted Corners Literary Magazine
• Submitted five poems.
Fiction Workshop Class
• Wrote one flash fiction story and two short stories.
Mosaic Times Newsletter
• Wrote an article.
Mount Saint Mary’s University Fall 2010-present
• Served as vice president of Interdenominational Ministry.
• Served as a leader of campus ministry retreat.
• Served as treasurer of Gospel Choir.
• Served as staff member of Lighted Corners literary magazine.
• Basic Excel
• Basic Spanish