Jodi J. Ramos
Fotnbonne University – St. Louis, Missouri
Major: Master of Arts Education
Major Concentration: Writing across the curriculum
Cumulative GPA: 4.0
Graduation Date: Spring 2009
Texas Lutheran University – Seguin, Texas
Major: Bachelor of Arts Elementary Education
Cumulative UNI GPA: 3.9
Graduation Date: Fall 1988
Professional Teaching Experience
Writing Academic Support Teacher( Fall 2006 – present)
Westwood Terrace Elementary School - San Antonio, Texas
Music Teacher/Writing Facilitator ( Fall 1996 – 2006)
Henry Steubing Elementary School - San Antonio, Texas
Third Grade Teacher ( Fall 1988 – 1996)
Elrod Elementary School – San Antonio, Texas
Campus and District Leadership Roles
• Northside Educational Improvement Council (NEIC) - Meet with district Senior staff in establishing and reviewing the district’s and campuses’ educational plans, goals, performance objects, and instructional programs.
• Northside Communication Network (NCN) - Meet with district Senior staff and employees to address issues presented by the Superintendant; campus liaison.
• Abydos/New Jersey Writing Project Writing Trainer – Diamond level
• Student and Teacher mentor - Mentored struggling student and teachers on campus.
• Supervision teacher - University of Texas at San Antonio college students.
• Yourng Author’s Club Supervisor.
• Campus Liaison - Administratively elected position.
• Student Advisory Team - Discussed campus issues with school administration, staff, parents, and community and business members; school committee liaison.
• Writing Tutor
• Chairperson for writing committee
• Family Academic Night Chairperson- organized and hired authors for family literacy events
• NISD staff developer for over 50 campuses
• Writing institute staff developer – presented 16 institutes
• Writing Cohort Member- meet monthly with writing teachers to write curriculum and staff development
• Developed Writer’s Notebook trainer
• Developed Taks Blitz Training
Honors and Achievements
• Graduated Summa *** Luade
• Published two educational books
• ( Elementary Mini Lessons -2000-and A Writer’s Notebook of Activities-2009)
• Elrod Teacher of the year ( two times)
• Westwood Terrace Teacher of the year
• $10,000 Team Grant Recipient
• Awarded 11 NEF grants for writing supplies
• Wal-Mart Teacher of the Year
• Awarded Reese- Corder Grant
• Received Sue German Award for Excellence
• Adobe Acrobat
• Microsoft Office Applications
• Digital Camera & Scanner
• Kid Pix
• Clicker 4
• Elmo and projection system
• Excel ( beginner level)