SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Experienced and talented at producing and editing videos for a variety of different media, including online, television commercials, and DVDs.
Entertainment Career Connection, Film Production and Editing Program Certificate May 2011
St. Andrews Presbyterian College, Bachelor's Degree – Art/Computer Graphics graduating class of 1995
Educated and experienced video editor and graphic artist
Experienced at video production and audio mixing
Experienced with software in both Mac and PC environments
Experienced with non-linear editors Sony Vegas Pro, Premiere Pro, and Final Cut Pro
Educated and experienced with graphic programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Educated and experienced with 3D software like 3D Studio Max
Experienced with sound mixing software like Adobe Audition and REAPER
Experienced with DVD and Blu-Ray production with software like Sony DVD Architect Pro
Experienced with encoding video and audio for internet distribution
Experienced with internet and web technology, including Web 2.0
Freelance Video Editor and Producer 3/2010 – Current
• Primarily providing video editing services for clients using existing media
• Skilled in producing media to be edited.
• Proficient in encoding videos for online use, authoring DVDs, and Blu-Ray discs
Blue Planet Creative, Inc., Intern 11/2010 – 3/2011
• Primarily editing, learning more professional techniques as well as Final Cut Pro (Sony Vegas was my primary expertise before this).
• Learning more about other aspects of production, including shooting and lighting, as well as the
business of video production.
WebAppExpressions.com, LLC, Partner 4/2006 – 3/2010
• As partner, provided for the online presence of clients, including social media.
• Video production was a large part of this as it gave visitors to the client's web site a social connection with the people involved.
• Provided DVD video authoring services, especially “DVD Business Cards” that are disseminated to clients.
Gaston Technologies, LLC, Owner/Operations Manager 3/2002 – 4/2006
• One of three partners in a business providing the online presence of its clientele.
• Duties included production and design, including online video production as the technology became available.