CALIFORNIA INVESTOR SERVICES – New York, NY
January 2013 – Present
Political Analyst: Part Time
• Compose newsletters, case studies, and reports with analysis regarding Japanese politics, industry, and current events for investors, based on Japanese sources unavailable in the US.
• Hired with the understand I will continue my job search.
FREELANCE TRANSLATOR AND INTERPRETER
August 2012 – Present
JAPAN INTERNATIONAL FOOD FOR THE HUNGRY – Sendai, Japan
June 2011 – December 2011
• Led a team of 5-12 assigned to projects related to aid work for tsunami refugees.
• Translated high profile documents used for global correspondence with major donors.
• Did localization work, converting their Japanese website into English.
RECRUITING OFFICE, MONTEREY INSTITUTE – Monterey, CA
September 2009 – May 2011
Manager and Contributor, Japanese Blog
• Managed and wrote articles for the school’s Japanese blog.
SOUTH SEATTLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE – Seattle, WA Summer 2009
• Taught classes in Japanese language and sociology for students and professionals.
WELLS FARGO BANK – Seattle, WA
January 2006 – July 2009
• Represented Wells Fargo for a collaboration project with Japanese bank executives.
• Achieved sales numbers in top 10 in WA out of 850 fellow employees.
• Second in district in the results of customer satisfaction surveys.
• Acquired the Series 7 and 66 licenses at Ameriprise Financial, scoring in the top 5%.
MONTEREY INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES – Monterey, CA
MA International Policy, May 2012
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON – Seattle, WA
BA Law, Politics, and Economy, August 2004 – Dean’s List
DOSHISHA UNIVERSITY – Kyoto, Japan
Law and Political Science, 2002-2003