ADDRESS: 84 Sandriver Way
WORK TEL. NR: +27 57 391 3313
MOBILE NR: +27 84 381 5418
FAX NR: +27 57 391 3450
ID NUMBER: 7403240127083
MARITAL STATUS: Married
DRIVERS LICENSE: None
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS, CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
QUALIFICATIONS: • B A Degree (Languages and Literature)
• NQF Level 4 Secretarial
• Certificate Public Relations
• Records Keeping Administrative Skills.
EXPERIENCE: • Personal Assistant 7 Years.
• Record Manager 3 years.
CAPABILITIES: • Computer literate MS Office Package 97, 2003, 2007
• Knowledgeable in Report writing.
• Knowledgeable in assisting with Budget Planning.
• Research and writing of information and news for newsletter.
• Capable of editing and writing articles, reports, policies, advertising materials, external documentation, etc.
• Proficient in Afrikaans and English writing, reading, speaking and editing.
• Very good in designing Power Point Presentations.
• Literate in Access.
CURRENT STUDIES • Currently registered at UNISA for Honeurs Degree, Translation studies.
INSTITUTE: Hentie Cilliers High School
SUBJECTS PASSED: • Afrikaans
• Home Economics
• Business Economics
INSTITUTE: QUALIFICATION: SUBJECTS PASSED: DATE:
UNISA B A Degree: Languages and Literature (Creative Writing) • Afrikaans 101
• Afrikaans 102 Introduction to theory of literature Introduction to Literary genres
• Introduction to creative writing
• Greek myths, literature and society
• Roman myths, literature and society
• Basic Psychology 101
• Psychology in society 102
• Theory of drama Theory of poetry
• Theory of narrative theory
• Russian post rev civilization studies.
• Theory of sign in literature 201A
• Advanced Creative Writing
• Afrikaans 201
• Afrikaans 202
• Afrikaans 203
• Tex Design 821
• Theory of Literature 204
• Theory of Literature 824
• Ancient Though and Practice
• Persuasive Texts
• Afrikaans 304
• African Languages 821
• Epic Transformation
• Theory of Literature
• Afrikaans 301
• Afrikaans 823N
• Theory of Literature 2009
Vaiti Training Solutions NQF Level 4 (Administrative Skills, Secretarial) (Awaiting qualification from SETA) 2010
St. Johns Ambulance Services First Aid Level 1 2005
Boston Business College Access 2005
Boston Business College Certificate Administrative Skills 2004
National Archives of South Africa Certificate: Records Manager 2001
Damelin Certificate: Basic Principle in Public Relationships 1999
OVS Technikon Certificate: Administrative and Library Practice Business Skills 1996
HELD REASON FOR LEAVING DUTIES: PERIOD:
Matjhabeng Municipality Personal Assistant (Electrical Engineer) Still Employed Document: Writing, Typing, design and Editing.
• Typing of memos and letters.
• Assisting in Report writing and editing.
• Placements of all notices and power interruptions in Matjhabeng local newspapers.
• Writing and gathering information for articles to be published in the quarterly newsletter.
• Editing policies, reports and regulations.
• Proof reading correspondence.
• Writing and editing newspaper publications.
• Designing Power Point presentations.
• Sending of emails and online information.
• Designing access programme for complaints and personnel leave forms.
• Writing speeches
Other Administrative Duties
• Record keeping.
• Keeping Electrical Departments filing system up to date.
• Safe keeping of confidential information.
• Keeping and updating Head of Department’s diary.
• Scheduling appointments.
• Screening calls, taking messages.
• Scheduling and organizing meetings.
• Arranging lunch for delegates attending meetings.
• Taking and typing minutes.
• Assisting HOD with Projects.
• Taking all Streetlight complaints.
• Forwarding tasks assigned to subordinates.
• Arrangements for HOD, to attend seminars, workshops, conferences and meetings.
• Travel Arrangements.
• Organizing social events within department.
Budget, stock and Personnel matters
• Buying of all stationary, office furniture, cleaning material and other office equipment.
• Assisting HOD with budget planning.
• Placing orders at local distributors.
• Filling in of requisitions and submissions and executing orders.
• In charge of all fax machines, printers and copiers maintenance and ordering of cartridges.
• Handling personnel matters, leave forms, and confidential internal documentation. 2002 - Date
Municipality Records Manager Amalgamated, became Matjhabeng Municipality. • Receiving of external and internal mail.
• Keeping data of all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Keeping all acts and bills up to date.
• Document Control.
• Storing and safe keeping of all the Municipal agendas and minutes.
• Assisted with Budget planning.
• Safe keeping of old data and hard copies.
• Taking and typing of minutes during meetings.
• Filling of all correspondence on a National Archival approved system.
• General administrative work.
• Typing of memos and letters.
• Supervising 2 General Record Clerks.
• Placement of all public notices and announcements in local newspapers.
• Supervising 12 cleaners in building. 1998 - 2002
Virginia Municipality Assistant Librarian Amalgamated, became Matjhabeng Municipality. • Sorting and alphabetizing books.
• General Reception duties.
• Receiving and renewal of books on loan.
• Keeping study area up to date.
• Assisting at information desk.
• Handling complaints.
• Typing of all outgoing, internal as well as external correspondence.
• Ordering of inter library loans.
• Assisting public with enquiries.
• Organizing and execute children’s vacation programmes.
• Organizing social events and programmes.
• Designing and updating display areas.
• Reading to pre-school children in story hour.
• Assisting children with school tasks. 1994 - 1998
Taute Pharmacy Sales Assistant Pharmacy Closed • Promoting new products
• Dispensary duties
• Organizing facial and other promotions 1992 – 1994
EMPLOYER: Enthooz Magazine Free Lancer
POSITION HELD: Freelance Writer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Writing freelance articles.
Researching various topics.
Interviewing People of Public interest and prominent businessmen.
PUBLICATIONS: Enthooz Magazine
www.woes.co.za (SEVERAL POEMS)
Goldnet News (NEWSPAPER CLIPS)
Vision Magazine (published article)
Written 3 completed books (Waiting publication)
Written various articles, short stories, poems.
Freelance for www.essaywriters.com
GERHARD MEYER Former Executive Manager: Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Services Matjhabeng Municipality
JIMMY TALJAARD Senior Superintendent Public Safety and Transport Matjhabeng Municipality
WILLIAM SEPHTON Manager: Electrical Engineering Services
Department Matjhabeng Municipality
057 391 3116
All courses attended and completed UNISA degree can be forwarded as a PDF file as well as published articles.