Reneé D. Campbell
1126 West Side Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Objective A permanent position that requires a broad range of managerial and/or technical writing, training, and training development skills such as design and implementation of e-Learning or instructor-led training materials.
Summary • Extensive experience in training and designing training programs and materials.
• Strong writing and editing background, and well versed in proofreading, formatting and creating templates, most recently as technical writer for an IT company.
• Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure, and communicating ideas clearly and effectively.
• Strong technical command of the English language, familiarity with APA and MLA writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• Extensive computer training, including knowledge of multiple software and databases, including Microsoft Office, Adobe.Photoshop, Adobe Design Premium CS5, AvayaIVR, ReqTraceWeb, SharePoint, Siebel, SnagIT
Expertise Christian Education Leader
Sunday School Youth Teacher and playwright
• Developed train-the-trainer courseware.
• Assisted University of Maryland Medical Center in developing courseware and training Facilities staff as users of the for the Facilities department.
• Contract Development
• Prepared and developed contracts for nonprofit organization.
• Prepared reports for tracking and developing measures for customer satisfaction.
Education M.S. Degree in Human Resources Management & Development
University of Maryland University College, Adelphi,MD
G.P.A. 3.5 May 2012
Certificate in Leadership & Management
Certificate in Foundations of Human Resources
University of Maryland University College, Adelphi,MD December 2011
B.A. Degree in Journalism
University of the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C.
Honors: Exemplary Service to Dept. of Mass Media Visual and Performing Arts
Internship: Writer, Prince George’s Suite Magazine January – May semester
Activities: Student Ambassador, President of the Journalism Club, Editor of the Free Voice newspaper, Copy Editor of the Trilogy newspaper, Concerned Student Leader, Volunteer Coordinator for JumpstartUDC AmeriCorps
G.P.A. 3.0 May 2009
Career History & Accomplishments
Technical Writer, CNSI, Inc.
• Editor of federal, state and local Health IT proposals.
• Develop, write and edit policy statements, processes and procedure documents.
• Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
• Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
• Conduct audits with Corporate and Project Management groups. July 2012-Present
Training Coordinator/Customer Communications Coordinator,
University of Maryland Medical Center
• Performed in a supervisory function where necessary for optimal customer service.
• Designed and developed training program for e-Learning, in a classroom setting, and on-the-job training.
• Designed and developed promotional and marketing materials included PowerPoint presentations, brochures, and newsletters.
• Operated a multi-line telephone system, which averaged over 23,000 calls per month and a multi-channel radio console.
• Conducted customer follow-ups and provided efficient, professional and customer-oriented customer service.
• Generated and documented work requests and calls for seven departments.
• Prepared documents, reports, charts, tables, graphs, meeting summaries, and other material to support department projects and programs.
• Recorded, updated, and filed information regarding Safety & Security, Operations & Maintenance, Transportation Services, Environmental Services, Bed Management, Pathology, Guest Services, Baltimore City Police Dept., Baltimore Fire Dept., and UMAB Police Dept.
• Retrieved data and prepared reports as needed.
• Responsible for contacting various outside contractors for maintenance of hospital operating systems and equipment, and was subsequently responsible for after-hours purchase orders.
• Designer of the division’s newsletter.
• Administratively responsible for multiple projects such as the Supply Chain program and the “Your Facilities Program.”
• Successfully trained 4 coordinators to bring the service center to full staffing, as well as successfully training Facilities department of senior and lower level employees on E-maint and Four Rivers TMS databases 2008- 2012
Communications Training Officer/Public Safety Communications Specialist III, Montgomery County Police
• Conducted simulated training for new hires for all emergency and routine calls.
• Scheduled staff of 20 employees.
• Utilized computer-aided dispatch system (CAD), VESTA digital telephone system, Motorola 800 MHz Trunking Radio System, Smartnet Information Sharp Console with intercom, TDD Software interface.
• Call taking and dispatching of emergency and nonemergency police, fire and medical services.
• Monitor several radio frequencies and emergency alarms.
• Process requests including vehicle registration, driving records and warrants.
• Successfully trained 30 call takers and 10 dispatchers to increase the staffing levels at the Communication Center. 2002-2008
Shift Supervisor, Starbucks Coffee
• Managed store during shift and initiated action to improve operations.
• Responsible for all transactions made during shift.
• Handled customer service questions and complaints.
• Closed out day including inventory, paperwork, and merchandise breakdown.
• Updated and maintained store procedures.
• Trained new, existing and returning employees.
• Successfully trained 12 part-time and full-time employees bringing the store to full staffing. 2000-2002
Memberships & Affiliations
• Co-founder of Genesis 2 Productions, Inc.
• Co-founder of Helping Families Help Themselves, Inc.
• Section Leader and Events Coordinator, Montgomery County Law Enforcement Gospel Choir
• Member, Society of Human Resources Management
• Volunteer, Department of Juvenile Services
• Basketball Coach, City of Gaithersburg Athletics
• Youth Minister, St. George’s Episcopal Church
• Member, Youth Ministry Strategy Group for the Episcopal Diocese of Washington
• Freelance Writer/Editor