Graphic Designer with fine arts background and extensive experience in print and web design who is highly motivated and versatile. Effective team player known for creativity and flexibility.
Successful accomplishment attributed to effectiveness as a motivated team player.
Accustomed to performing in deadline driven environments with an emphasis on working within budget and design requirements.
Graphic Designer, 1999 – March 2013
BEDFORD FURNITURE INDUSTRIES, TORONTO, ON
Design marketing materials from concept to final such as digital displays, media advertising, direct mail, promotions,
product catalogues, sales promotions, sell sheets, flyers, mattress labels, logos, brochures, advertising print ads and
update company website (internal and external) and other creative materials.
- Provide graphic support to dealers/customers (i.e. Sears Canada, Home Furniture, Bad Boy, Mega Group) in order to meet
business needs and provide creative solutions for individual requests.
- Communicate and collaborate with sales individuals and dealers in order to achieve project goals and business requirements.
- Actively listen to dealer needs and suggest solutions to meet their current and future goals.
- Prepare clean accurate artwork and convert into various file formats.
- Scan hard copy images, fabric materials, retouch, colour correct and convert into electronic files.
- Product photography of new product line, retouch, crop and prepare for use in web and print ads.
- Ensure all marketing design collateral meets corporate brand standard including colour, use of logos, fonts and graphics
that ensure highest level of service provided to dealers at all times.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS as related to web design technologies.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS3/4 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat) and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel,
Powerpoint, Outlook). Scanner and Digital Copier, Corel Draw 13, Swishmax, Suitcase, Mask Pro, FileZilla, Roxio Creator.
- Social media page postings on Facebook.
- Successfully manage all design projects and deliver results on time and within budget requirements.
- Manage and maintain company internet/intranet (www.kingkoil.ca; www.bedfordfurniture.ca) including all updates, revisions
and improvements and conform to latest trend.
- Digital Publishing and Imaging, Toronto Image Works Institute, Toronto.
- Continuing Studies, Philippine University, College of Music & Fine Arts, Manila,Philippines.
Platforms: Windows XP/Mac OS
Applications: Adobe CS3/4 Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver,
Flash); MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook); QuarkXpress, Suitcase,
Roxio Creator, FileZilla, Corel Draw 13, Swishmax, Scanner
Apple Event, Managing Digital Content
PrePress PDF Workflows
Building Media - Rich Content for the Web
Bedford Furniture Industries, ISO Awareness