• Certified public accountant, Pennsylvania
• Shareholder and Owner, CPA Firm.
• Shareholder and Owner of a full service CPA firm located in Pennsylvania
2003 - Present
• National and Regional CPA Accounting and Consulting Firms:
Shareholder - 1997 to 2002
Manager - 1993 to 1997
Supervisor – 1981 to 1993
• Responsible for a diverse public accounting practice providing various attestation, tax and consulting services to businesses, individuals and retirement plans. Strong knowledge of operational accounting practices and systems, GAAP and internal controls.
• Broad commercial practice including manufacturers, distributors, contractors, real estate management and development and retail services; closely involved with all aspects of family-owned companies.
• Significant consulting responsibilities including mergers and acquisitions, standard cost studies, re-engineering and streamlining of operations, evaluating buy-sell agreements, negotiating financing arrangements and preparing business valuations.
• Consulting and assistance to clients with development of budgets, cash flow forecasting and preparation of external forecasts and projection financial reports
• Strong tax background; experience in most areas of IRS tax filings as well as dealing directly with the IRS in problem resolution and ability to apply a very broad range of tax knowledge to present various tax options for businesses with Pennsylvania and multi-state operations.
• Significant consulting with clients in merger and acquisition transactions, evaluating EBITDA and performing due diligence associated with these acquisitions.
• Significant Evaluation and transition of clients’ mergers, acquisitions and strategic alliances, including providing advice on structural, tax and accounting issues as well as overseeing the due diligence process.
LITIGATION SUPPORT SERVICES
• Expert Witness - Various Divorce Actions - Earnings calculation, asset distribution and calculation of alimony and support claim
• Numerous fraud investigations with various entity types
• Business interruption claims computation
• Loss of earnings calculation
• Business valuations
• Asset tracing (marital dissolution, commingled funds)
• Domestic relations matters such as divorce settlements, including assistance ith depositions and settlement conferences, and child support matters
• Fraud, theft or embezzlement
• Business dissolution
• IRS audits and tax liability issues
EDUCATION Indiana University of Pennsylvania, B.S. Accounting – 1981
Continued Professional Development – various accounting, management and tax updates; minimum 80 hours bi-annually.
AFFILIATIONS American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Pennsylvania Society of Public Accountants
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners