Experienced recording, broadcasting engineer, board operator, Audio-Visual technical producer, seeking a position in the Audio-Visual/Production/Post-Production industry to enhance my skills and gain knowledge in the communications field.
• Exceptional experience in recording studio operations, pre/post production, television news broadcasting, audio encoding/decoding, multi-track board and music production, and engineering.
• Outstanding and extensive working knowledge in the setup, configuration and operation of Audio-Video multi-channel/track soundboards & switchers, amplifiers, microphones, loudspeakers, and related technology for single or multi-camera field gathering
• Qualified electrician and technician with keen knowledge of installation, operation and maintenance of intelligent static lights.
• Unsurpassed work ethic, highly motivated and self-disciplined with strong communication and organizational skills.
Audio-Visual Technician/ Stagehand, 2008- 2011
• Manchester Evening News Arena, The Apollo, The Academy, Lancashire Cricket Grounds, Liverpool University, The G-Mex, The Ritz, The Contact Theatre (Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Green Day, BRMC, Kings of Leon, Sting, The National Labour Party Conference)
Audio-Visual Technician/ Lighting Design & House Electrician, 2006- 2008
• The Altman Building, NYC (Animal Planet, Fashion Week, The Chocolate Show, Lacoste, Panasonic, Ralph Lauren, Vail, Volkswagen)
Audio-Visual Technician, 2002– 2006
• Carling Academy, City Hall, Sage Gateshead, Northumbria University, Metro Radio Arena, Theatre Royal
(BBC3 World Music Awards, The Royal Shakespeare Company, NME Tours, Little Britain, Cirque Du Soleil)
Production Manager: HBO/ Warner Music Group, NYC (‘REVERB’ Music Series), 1996-2001
• Technical co-ordination of six camera, live switch shoot and interviews
• Supervised camera alignment, colour balancing, stage split, time code, supplemental lighting, etc.
Master Control, Acquisitions & Tape: MSNBC, Secaucus, New Jersey, 1996-2000
• Quality control of on-air outgoing and return transmissions
• Monitored and adjusted remote feeds to broadcast standards
• Synchronization of back-up programme segments
Camera Operator/Grip/Video Shading: FOX News, NYC, 1998-2000
• National Elections, The Full Nelson and Various News Panel Talk Shows
Proprietor/Manager: AVMS (Audio Video Music Service), Rocket City Records & Reel Loud Rehearsals, New Jersey, 1992–2000
• Credits Include: ABC, CBS, HBO, MTV and NY1
• Managed all aspects of A/V production including the maintenance of sound stage, video remote truck, edit suite, rehearsal rooms, & recording facility
• Associates Degree in Radio/TV/Broadcasting (Herkimer County Community College, 1986)
• Electronic Certification (ATS School, 1988)
• 17th Edition Electrical Certification (Carnegie College, 2008)
• Rigging & Staging Certificate (Perth Concert Hall, September 2009)
• NVQ Level 2 Crowd Control Training (Old Trafford, 2010)
• CSCS Card Manual Handling (Health & Safety 2010)
• Proficient in Windows Environment (Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel)
• Fluent in French and Spanish
REFERENCES AND DEMOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST