Hope College: Holland, Michigan— Bachelor of Arts in Communication—July 2012
Bachelor of Arts in Music Performance—May 2012
Honors: Hope College Distinguished Artist Award
Hope College Alumni Scholarship
High School: Cadillac Senior High School—May 2008
Heritage Broadcasting: 9&10 News, FOX32 News—Cadillac, MI
•July 2012-February 2013
o Video Editor: prepared footage for “Michigan This Morning” live broadcasts.
o Web Producer: edited, illustrated, and wrote stories for company’s two websites,
clipped video from evening shows to online stories, and maintained their social
media interactions during the nighttime-morning hours.
o News Producer—formatted, wrote stories, and timed the live show at Noon.
•December 2011-January 2012 and May 2012- July 2012
o Internship—learned a variety of skills including video editing, writing and formatting
show rundowns, timing shows, web production, reporting and photojournalism.
Coral Gables: Saugatuck, MI
• Waitress—Summer 2010 and Summer 2011
Marina Ristorante and Lounge: Cadillac, MI
• Waitress—Summer 2009
Wexford County Historical Society and Museum: Cadillac, MI
• General Office and Tour Guide—Summer 2009
Leadership and Extra Curricular Activities:
Hope College Orchestra/Symphonette: 3 Years
• First Chair Clarinet
Hope College Sigma Sigma Sorority (Literary Society): 3 Years
Theatre: 3 Years—Hope College and High School
• Leading Roles—Sharpay in “High School Musical On Stage”
Anna in “The King and I”
TV Cadillac, Local Edition: 1 year—High School
• Anchor—read pre-written scripts for recorded broadcasts, later used in 5 minute inserts
that aired throughout the day on Charter Communications’ Headline News
• Reporter—pre-recording events in the field for the on air segment.
Marching Band Leader (Drum Major): 3 Years—High School
• Conducted music and managed band members during parades, football game halftime
shows, and “Marching Band Festival.”
Student Youth in Government: 3 Years—High School
• Attended Annual Convention at the Capitol Building in Lansing, MI, where the realistic
processes of legislation were studied and carried out.
Youth Advisory & Kellogg Committee: 4 Years—High School
• President 2007 to 2008
• Vice President 2006 to 2007
• Conducted surveys to identify the needs of area youth, raised awareness for those
needs, organized and staffed events for youth in the community, and prepared grants to
obtain funding for these programs.
National Honors Society: 4 Years—High School
Student Council: 4 Years—High School