Glenn S. McCormick
Oakland Park, FL 33334
Qualifications for Proposal Writer/Project Manager
Background administering complex contracts- Program Development and Evaluation – Excellent Communication Skills
Lauderdale By The Sea - Deputy Town Clerk 12/11-11/12. Diverse position involved interacting with the public, records management, human resources generalist, procurement, contract formulation and bid tabulations.
Broward County Grant Contract Administrator II 01/09-12/11. Professional and administrative work managing contracts and coordinating projects with vendors and sub contractors.
• Operational and administrative oversight of contracts and grants including payroll and invoice review.
• Administration activities include tracking log and document control of original and soft copies of contracts, monitoring master agreements for price thresholds and evaluating compliance with established governmental program outcomes and associated indicators, while determining the best value for the best price.
• Familiarity negotiating and writing Work Authorizations, Delivery Orders, Change Orders and Purchase Orders. Point of contact for resolution of vendor disputes.
• Broward County Grant Representative for the ARRA CDBG Florida Clean Energy Grant Program, awarded $500,000. Coordinated with LEEDS project managers, Governor’s Energy Office, County Administration and Vendors as part of the County’s renewable energy program.
• Initiation, coordination and management activities of assigned procurements, contracts, or leases and/or monitor or evaluate them with considerable independence, although all major decisions are in collaboration with an administrative superior for advice and direction.
• Experience with contract forecasting and audit requirements.
• Experience with procurement processes formulating specifications for quotes, bids, sole source/sole brand contracts and developing RLI’s and RFP’s for Broward County government.
Broward County Grant Administrator I 10/06-1/09 Grant/Contract Administrator for Broward County working primarily with Refugee Services and the Assets Building Community/Assets for Independence program administering grants.
• Considerable community outreach with SCORE, the Urban League, the VA, and the Broward Wealth Building Coalition to develop small business. Reviewed and revised business plans, assisted with local small business owners obtain financing.
• Maintained on three different databases, Oracle, Excel and Access, the complete financial breakdown of the project reserve funds and over two hundred participant accounts.
• Provided monthly reports on the project for County Administration and collaborative partners in the Broward Wealth Building Coalition.
• Worked with US Department of Health and Human Services as a Grant application evaluator involving various funding applications for federal and State funding.
• Completed yearly Data Reports to the US Congress, program narratives and financial status reports for the Assets for Independence program.
• Interpreted and evaluated data and offered guidance on implementation of new federal policies and practices. Supplemental grant research and writing was performed upon request.
• Member of the national development team for the Performance Management program for the U.S. Office of Community Services that developed benchmarks, outputs and outcomes to determine program efficiency and best practices for Administration.
Private Practice 4/96-04/09 self employed, law firm.
• Practice involving state and federal law and appeals.
• Drafted and negotiated contracts. Represented corporations and individuals in local, state and federal court.
Stetson College of Law- Juris Doctorate
University of Florida - Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Microsoft Office-Word, Outlook, Excel
AMS Advantage-Integrated software to manage financial resources, tangible assets and inventory
Project Management Information System
Facility Focus- Tracking contracts from inception to close out.
Database Experience-Oracle, Outcome Tracker, Laserfiche
Records Management 6/2012
MIAGreen Conference 10/2011
Supervisors Apprenticeship 6/2011
Continuity of Operations (FEMA 547) 5/2011
Purchasing Focus Group: Bid/Quote Process 7/2010
Writing with Reader Respect 7/2010
RFP Project Manager 7/2010
Library of Professional Services 5/2010
Disaster Recovery Grant Funding Seminar 4/2010
The Leadership Challenge 2/2010
Project management for Professionals 12/2009
FEMA Certified –ICS 100, 200, 300, 701 800.b
Military – US Army- 1976-1980 Honorable Discharge.