EXPERIENCED FEDERAL CONTRACTS/PROPOSAL MANAGER
Highly competent contracts/proposal manager with over 10 years of cradle to grave experience in planning, soliciting, negotiating, awarding and administering federal and commercial contracts. Expertise includes managing pre-award contract management with an emphasis on acquisition planning, RFPs/RFQs, solicitation, drafting SOW’s, source selection and evaluation, negotiating, drafting and placement of contract award. Other areas of contract experience include post-award contract administration in the areas of quality assurance, performance guarantee, change order management, modifications, progress measurements and contract terminations. Ensure all contractual issues of scope, cost and on time delivery and fulfillment of services from point of project inception to completion. Ability to handle a high-volume work load and maintain customer service skills. Law degree with working knowledge of contract law, UCC, indemnification, subrogation, liability, pay when paid clauses, etc.
Department of Homeland Security
Contract Oversight Management, February 2010-
• Manage assigned IT, Telecom and commercial contracts including acquisition planning, contract administration and contract compliance monitoring and quality assurance with companies such as Cisco, Dell, HP, Avaya, Xerox, Verizon, Perot Systems, BAE, etc.
• Perform contractor quality surveillance and review all contractor invoices and requests for payment.
• Certified Federal/Commercial Contracts Manager (CFCM/CCCM) National Contract Management Association
• FAC-C/DAWIA Contracting Specialist Certified
• Certified Program Manager/Project Manager – FAC-PM - Department of Homeland Security
Hodges & Associates Architects/Engineers/Builders, Texas
Contracts/Proposal Manager/Legal Department, April 2007 – February 2010
• Drafted and reviewed all Client/Contractor/Subcontractor/Consultant agreements and contracts.
• Prepared responses to RFQ’s, RFP’s and ensured compliance with all proposal requirements and regulations.
• Coordinated with Senior Executives, Project Managers and Outside Counsel on Risk Management, Sales, Credit, and Customer Service issues relating to contracts.
• Certified Construction Documents Technologist - Construction Specifications Institute
D.R. Horton Custom Homes, Texas
Purchasing/Contracts Manager, May 1995 – July 1998
• Supervised estimating/purchasing team in the estimating and negotiating of all subcontractor and material suppliers contracts and purchase orders (POs) for over $30 million annually.
• Negotiated national contracts with companies such as Maytag, Moen and General Electric.
University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Member of National Contract Managers Association (NCMA)
Knowledgeable on all AIA, AGC and other A/E/C industry contracts.
Certified Construction Documents Technologist - Construction Specifications Institute
Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)
Knowledgeable on Federal bidding, contracting and acquisition process (FAR regulations)
Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM)
FAC-C/DAWIA Contract Specialist Certified
Certified Program Manager/Project Manager - Department of Homeland Security
Certified Acquisition Professional - Department of Homeland Security
High proficiency in PC software and systems including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
USAF Honorable Discharge, Eagle Scout, Licensed Private Pilot, Certified Scuba Diver
Security Clearance – Homeland Security - Public Trust/High Risk with Background Investigation
Defense Acquisition University (DAU) – Department of Defense
Completed Courses 2010-2013
CON 100 Shaping Smart Business Arrangements
CON 214 Business Decisions for Contracting
CON 216 Legal Considerations in Contracting
CON 217 Cost Analysis and Negotiation Techniques
CON 218 Advanced Contract Management
CON 353 Advanced Business Solutions
ACQ 101 Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management
CLC 005 Simplified Acquisition Procedures
CLC 007 Contract Source Selection
CLC 047 Contract Negotiations
CLC 044 Alternative Dispute Resolution
CLE 004 Introduction to Lean Enterprise Concepts
CLE 008 Six Sigma: Concepts and Processes
CLM 013 Work Breakdown Structure
CLM 017 Risk Management
CLM 049 Procurement Fraud Indicators
BCF 102 Fundamentals of Earned Value Management
BCF 103 Fundamentals of Business Financial Management
SAM 101 Basic Software Acquisition
Business Management Courses Completed (online):
Harvard Business School 211- Project Management
Harvard Business School 221- Negotiating
Harvard Business School 222- Adv. Negotiating