DEDICATION | LEADERSHIP | PERFORMANCE
Experienced professional with 9 years of knowledge in investigative, analytical, security, and training skills. Talented researcher capable of condensing information to a level suitable for dissemination to all levels. Demonstrated history of analyzing data and producing accurate, timely reports , and meeting stringent contractual obligations. Able to maintain a positive attitude under pressure. Poised and competent with a confirmed ability to easily transcend cultural differences.
Charleston School of Law, Juris Doctor Candidate, expected graduation in 2014
Grambling State University, Master of Public Administration, concentration in Health Services, 2006
University of South Carolina, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, with a minor in Women's Studies, 2003
United States Air Force Judge Advocate General’s Office-Charleston, SC August 2012-Current
• Conduct research and review of investigations submitted by Investigative Officers. The information is later reduced to written recommendations to Commanding Officers pertaining to the legality of investigations. I also ensure that the investigation complied with United States Air Force Instructions and applicable Federal and State law.
• Complete legal research regarding government contract negotiation to assist with recommendations for legal requirements of acquiring government property to be utilized for perspective Department of Defense School.
• Develop trial plans for completed investigations by analyzing relevant law, legal procedures, and elements of the respective crime.
• Develop investigative plans regarding employee theft investigation. Train Investigative Officer on relevant Right Advisement processes for civilians and military personnel.
• Review employee policies for Joint Base Charleston to ensure compliance with United States Air Force directives and relevant federal statutes. Provides verbiage recommendations to Commanding Officers for policy creation and enforcement to be disseminated throughout offices located aboard Joint Base Charleston.
• Serve as a Special Investigative Advisor to a Federal Investigative Officer conducting an inquiry of employee Fraud, Waste, and Abuse allegation totaling an excess of 4 million dollars.
• Provide recommendations regarding civilian and military employee adverse actions after evaluation and analysis of Douglas Factors as well as other pertinent employment polices and directives.
District of Columbia Superior Court-Washington, DC Summer 2012
Judicial Clerkship (Four Month Internship)
• Conducted research for judge regarding legal questions pertinent to cases currently on docket.
• Analyzed relevant law sources to draft briefs or arguments for review, approval, and use by judge.
• Attended advanced legal writing training with emphasis on legal analysis and synthesis of words.
• Initiated extended research project to aid judge with her primary duty of Child Abuse and Neglect Court.
Naval Criminal Investigative Service-Manama, Bahrain
Special Agent 2006-2011
• Received Public Service Award from the US Attorney’s Office for work on a Child *********** investigation that yielded 80 years in prison for the suspect.
• Selected by management for high-level investigations including a Drug Task Force in Chicago, IL and a proactive operation regarding Basic Housing Allowance Fraud.
• Analyzed and developed Counterterrorism, Counter Intelligence, and Criminal threat briefs based on local threat assessments. Provided the aforementioned briefs to incoming Department of Navy (DON) Commanding Officers and Cadre to include military and civilian personnel.
• Drafted complete and concise felony level investigative reports.
• Developed, managed and executed proactive operation regarding indentified fraud, waste, and abuse of government entitlements and allotments.
• Maintained a professional source network, with contacts to include Naval Support Activity, Bahrain, tenet commands, and local community, which has assisted with mitigating possible international incidences.
• Identified possible threats to DON members and develops strategies to mitigate aforesaid threats in support of mission and force and mission readiness.
• Managed Department of the Navy Crime Reduction Campaign- permanently embedded in several command training schedules.
Department of Social Security-Rustin, LA
• Assisted with intake of initial request for Supplemental Security Income and Social Security.
• Fielded telephone calls.
• Drafted and mailed correspondence to benefit recipients.
• Greeted clientele and ascertained reason for office visit.
Alltel Wireless-Rustin, LA
Sales Associate 2005-2006
• Maintained accurate knowledge of products and services, wireless technology, and industry updates.
• Promoted contact services and latest features to customers.
• Assisted with inventory of equipment and accessory stock.
• Followed-up after sale to ensure product satisfaction.
Verizon Wireless-Columbia, SC
Customer Service Specialist 2003-2004
• Educated potential customers on products and services provided.
• Troubleshoot cellular telephones and providing equipment operation instructions.
• Processed equipment orders, explained billing detail activated new phones and updating software of older phone re-rated and prorate invoices.
Office of Senator Fritz Hollings-Washington, DC
• Researched information on up-coming debates.
• Responded to constituent correspondence.
• Drafted literature for web page.
• Represented Senator Hollings during senate luncheons and receptions.
Wrote summaries of staff meetings.
Office of Congressmen James E. Clyburn-Columbia, SC
• Campaigned for Congressman Clyburn by distributing literature developing
fundraisers, and registering voters.
• Maintained an accurate file of accomplishments and latest policy developments.
• Researched relevant laws and policies for constituents.