Meticulous, goal-oriented writer experienced in multi-tasking and meeting deadlines. Possess superior editing, proofreading and copywriting abilities.
Celebrations.com / New York, NY
Editorial Assistant / February 2011 – Present
• Responsible for weekly submissions including seasonal recipes, craft tutorials, and other articles related to current party trends
• In charge of composing compelling, SEO rich copy for original articles, and those of other contributors.
• Authored a daily blog highlighting trends and rounding up ideas from around the blogosphere.
Buffalo Exchange LLC. / Brooklyn, NY
Buyer / April 2008 - Present
• Compose weekly and monthly reports of fashion trends, and articulate trends to staff and corporate offices.
• Generate monthly sales reports based on sales.
• Train employees on inventory and buying procedures.
BUST Magazine / New York, NY
Editorial Intern / August 2010 – October 2010
• Edited copy, proofread and fact-checked for a highly circulated women’s interest magazine.
• Updated and maintained daily blog for magazine’s website.
• Performed various clerical duties such as answering multi-line phones, shipping and receiving all mail, and submitting and tracking all product requests.
• Transcribed audio interviews to be used as cover stories in several issues.
Fringeny.com / New York, NY
Copywriter / October 2006 – February 2007
• Worked closely with company owners to develop a corporate identity and product line.
• Wrote copy for company website and composed product descriptions for packaging and website.
Hunter College/ New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts in English-Creative Writing, 2009
~Thesis on Mary Wollstonecraft’s A Vindication of the Rights of Woman
~Phi Theta Kappa; GPA 3.87