209 Hawthorne Rd
Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
Education Westwood College
Bachelor of Applied Science in Game Art & Design
American InterContinental University
Masters of Education in Adult Teaching and Training
• 3D Studio Max
• Adobe After Effect
• Adobe Pro 9
• Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Glen Ellyn, IL (June 2012–present)
• Build high poly character models and bake the high poly detail onto low poly models for the game engine.
• Texture characters using a complex workflow involving several different programs.
• Character rigging for bipedal and non-bipedal characters.
• Weight characters for animation and test rigs for animation.
(November 2010-December 2010)
• 3DTotal.com requested a “Making Of” be created for my award winning scene that was selected for their Galleries.
• Developed a tutorial for the scene to guide other artists when creating a high resolution image.
Career Education Corporation, Colorado Technical University Online
Schaumburg, IL (June 2009 –June 2012)
• Design detailed training events to assist students who have little to no post-secondary experience with transitioning into a distance education environment.
• Coach Students with academic performance issues.
• Act as a student advocate for the University.
• Serve as a counselor to guide students through their educational experience.
Woodridge, IL (October 2008- March 2009)
Introduction to Photoshop
• Instructed students towards understanding the necessary tools to effectively utilize 2D software programs for game development.
• Demonstrated the proper techniques to utilize in order to create high end textures for next-gen games.
• Coached students through creating their own textures, concepts, and scenes using Photoshop.
Game Art History
• Lectured on the history of game development from Tennis for Two through Call of Duty.
• Helped students better understand the past, present, and future of the gaming industry.
• Developed extensive training materials pertaining to specific software programs including 3D Studio Max, Photoshop CS3, and Zbrush 3.1.
• Served as a student mentor and tutored students on several subjects within the field of game design.
Achievements & Awards
• Excellence in Teaching Award: Presented to a faculty member that receives exemplary reviews from his/her students.
• Westwood College Leadership Award: Presented yearly to the most dedicated student, for hard work and commitment to his/her program, the college, and the student community.
• 3D Total Excellence Award: Awarded to 3D artists who showcase mastery of 3D Design Processes.
• 3D Character Art Category of the 2008 NoGD 2D/3D Character Art Competition: Given to the 3D artist that presents the most creative and unique 3D character within the requirements given.
Personal Website: http://williampointer.carbonmade.com/
Demo Reel 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQuGGLmRsYo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL