205 S. Garth Avenue Columbia, MO 65203 573-303-1636
Editorial Assistant, Professional Editing Services LLC
Columbia, Missouri, May 2012—Present
• Assisted the head editor by proofreading, editing, researching, and writing articles, business plans, biographies, and various other projects as assigned
Intern, The Missouri Review
Columbia, Missouri, January 2010—August 2010
• Read 30 to 40 fiction submissions a week in preparation for discussion at the weekly editorial meeting?
• Determined which submissions to reject or pass on to another intern for consideration?
• Various office tasks that were asked, such as updating social media, sending correspondence, filing, and marking up submissions
Coyne Agency, Office Manager
Columbia, Missouri, June 2008—Present
• Secretarial and clerical duties such as faxing, copying, answering the phone, making appointments, paying bills, taking messages, creating and updating the website, sending the monthly newsletter and any other correspondence, and keeping the office organized
• Acted as liaison between the agency and the larger insurance companies the agency brokered for
• Helped customers with various inquires, such as finding the correct forms, filing claims, changing addresses, changing bank information, ordering new medical cards, and finding information relating to their benefits
University of Missouri, Bachelor of Arts in English 2012