Having Graduated with a bachelors degree of Visual Arts from the University of South Australia in 2012, I am now seeking to employ my skills in the illustration, design and concept art industry. My commitment to the arts is profound; In 2011 I received a scholarship from the Friends of SASA for highest GPA for a second year visual art student at the University of South Australia, and I was awarded the John Christie Wright Prize for outstanding painting student in 2012. I have a strong understanding of composition, lighting, anatomy and form through the completion of intensive courses pertaining life studies and conceptual skills. Importantly, I am very friendly, easy to talk to and flexible, being able to adapt to styles that more appropriately conform to a client's desires. I am able to vividly illustrate characters, creatures, scenes or settings as well as create original designs pertaining to such themes.
Skills & Abilities
I am highly computer literate and proficient with the following programs:
- Adobe Photoshop (all versions)
- Corel Painter
- Adobe Illustrator
- Paint Tool Sai
- Manga Studio
I am also familiar with the following programs:
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro
In addition, I am well-versed in traditional art mediums including oil and acrylic painting, air-brushing and sculpture.
Please see my online portfolio at:
Education & Training
Tertiary Entrance Score: 90.3
Bachelor of Visual Arts
SCHOOL OF ART, ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
(University of South Australia)
- Strong understanding of human anatomy obtained through thorough research into the human body as well as intensive life-drawing classes.
- Strong understanding of composition, colour and form through vigorous research and application.
- Strong understanding of the main programs used to create 2D digital art, including Photoshop and Corel Painter.
- Strong Research Skills in determining the best and most unique concepts for a design.
- Strong Communication skills including the ability to collaborate on projects and explain concepts and ideas.
Concept Design Workshop Studios
Creature Design with Nick Pill
- Strong understanding of effective forms and shapes in designing creatures
- Strong understanding of importance of silhouette in all designs
- Strong understanding of painting processes in Photoshop
- Strong understanding of how to sculpt a 3-D model in ZBrush for use in concept design and 2d illustration purposes.
High Distinction for several completed courses including Drawing the Human Figure, Traditional and Digital Painting and 2D Animation. Distinction in courses including ceramics and art theory.
- Certificate of Merit for perfect score in Visual Arts, Marryatville High School, 2008
- Sue Gould Art Award, Marryatville High School Graduation, 2008
- Friends of SASA Scolarship for highest achieving Visual Arts student, University of Art, Architecture and Design, 2012
- Golden Key International Honours Society Membership for outstanding achievement in visual arts.
- John Christie Wright Memorial Prize for outstanding achievement in Painting Specialisation