CONTAINMENT FIELD Los Angeles, CA
Concept Artist January 2010 – June 2011
• Design characters and work on storyboards for 10+ short independent films and TV shows, commercials, mobile phone games, illustration work (both digital and traditional), and various other art and media practices. Oversaw all designs for Science for Girls, a series of animated shorts to be featured between skits on the Dirty Sketch Comedy Show. Worked directly with the show writers in giving input and critique on all character designs, background art, and actual animation work.
• Graphic design work for various forms, logos, brochures, website layouts, etc.
• Provided administrative support to the CEOs/producers and the creative team by rolling calls, organizing filing systems around the office, scanning slides for company archival purposes, delivering and moving materials to and around the main office from the old office. Also volunteered to give assistance outside of regular responsibilities, going to business conventions to advertise the company and provide customer service, interacting directly with clients and potential clients alike.
CSULA STUDENT UNION - GRAFFIX Los Angeles, CA
Graphic Designer February 2010 – December 2010
• Design, print, and distribute posters, flyers, banners, postcards, brochures, and other promotional material for school and community-wide events to be distributed around the school campus, working directly with both the coordinators of the programs and the attendees of the events.
• Contribute and receive critiques from other artists and designers to further learn and develop skills.
• Answer phone calls, organize files and maintain order in the office workspace.
GEMNET Los Angeles, CA / Manila, Philippines
Video Editor and Producer, Production Crew Member Jan. 2005-present
• Assists with communication between the production crew and the interviewees and leads of events to be covered.
• Writing, producing, filming, and editing 15+ short videos (music videos, interviews, commercials which range from 4-10 minutes) that are used by GemNet TV based in the Philippines and broadcasted internationally
• Filming of California-based events (Comic Con, community service activities, local sports/arts/social events) to be shown as news in other parts of the world.
CAL STATE LOS ANGELES Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Major Art with Animation concentration June 2010
• Relevant classes: Storyboarding, Script Writing, Computer Graphics, Animation in 3D and 2D, 3D Modeling, Japanese.
• Featured artist in CSULA Art Exhibit; illustrations and animations
INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL MANILA Manila, Philippines
High School Diploma May 2005
• IB Advanced Art courses
• Featured artist in Asian International School exhibition- May 2005
Programs: Proficient in Mac and PC platforms: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, ToonBoom, Adobe Flash, Maya, Windows Movie Maker, iMovie
Languages: Fluent English; Proficient written and conversational Japanese; Proficient conversational Filipino
Community Youth Group Organization: Arts and Social Committee Chair (2006-present)
Community Children’s Service: Coordinator and Officer (2007-present)
Pet Orphans of Southern California: animal care volunteer (6/2007-present)
ICARE - Habitat for Humanity: volunteer (2000-2005)
ICARE - World Wildlife Fund: volunteer (2000-2005)
ISM Outreach program: volunteer (1997-2000)