A dynamic target focused individual with strong analytical skills, interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to work in a fast paced environment. I possess sound experience in banking operations, marketing, relationship management and customer service. My previous position was as a Relationship Officer-Retail at UBA Kenya Bank.
Analytical and Judgment Skills
• Ability to analyze, evaluate and identify areas of possible income growth/loss.
• Ability to prepare client proposals with a view to maximizing revenue streams and value chains.
Business Management Skills
• Ability to manage a quality portfolio.
• Ability to grow income:-Was able to reduce branch repatriation losses incurred and increase commissions whilst working as a customer advisor at Co-operative Bank.
• Ability to conduct concise market research to determine market trends.
Communication and Presentation Skills
• Ability to educate through monthly reports for compilation by the line supervisors/Head Office.
• Have held Customer Service trainings in branches as well as trained new staff as Customer Service Officer at both Mumias and Kakamega branches of Co-operative Bank.
Interpersonal and Relationship Management Skills
• A good team player who relates well with colleagues to achieve common objectives and able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to create good customer relationships, having worked in customer service departments as well as in relationship management.
• Successfully mobilized the implementation and uptake of the then new Mobile Banking at Co-operative Bank, Mumias.
• Successfully improved the customer experience levels at Co-operative Bank Mumias, effectively moving our ranking from the third percentile to the first percentile.
• Successfully manage a quality portfolio of clients.
• Was continuously voted the fastest teller with an average of 200 transactions per day, having never once declared a difference.
November 2010 to October 2011 Retail
United Bank for Africa
? Drive the Retail Banking growth strategy.
? Management and growth of the Retail Banking Portfolio
o Customer Deposit and account growth
o Lending Balance Sheet growth
o Income growth
? Implementation of a Value Proposition targeting the mass clientele.
? Maintaining operational effectiveness of Key processes that affect sales.
? Develop new business opportunities and proactively market for corporate lending and deposit opportunities from current and existing clients.
• Contact Initiator for the USIU-Shelter Afrique Hostel Proposition.
• Successfully worked within a team that led to the profitability of Westland’s branch.
2005 - 2007
CO-OPERATIVE BANK Customer Service Officer
? Managing all branch accounts and come up with strategies to ensure few accounts go into default.
? Managing risk by following up on expiry of overdraft facilities when they fall due to ensure the accounts are reconciled.
? Making Pay/No Pay decisions of customer cheques and standing orders for a portfolio of 5,000 accounts by analyzing customer account conduct and creditworthiness.
? Authorizing temporary overdrafts on customer’s un-cleared cheques based on customer credit worthiness.
? Managing the Account Opening desk, tellers and call back positions.
? Managing the Strong Room(Cash, Keys, Registers e.t al) together with the Operation Manager
? Attending to and solving all customer queries and/or complaints.
• Reduced branch portfolio’s overall net overdrawn exposure by 30%.
• Improved bank and client relationships by ensuring customers were notified of the status of their accounts before un-paying their cheques, all the time.
2004-2005 Customer Advisor/Account Opening
? Ensuring branch controls were adhered to as the branch’s control champion.
? Provision of express service to clients in the banking hall.
? Account Opening.
? Account maintenance i.e standing orders, change of contact information, account reactivation e.t.c
? Fixed Deposit applications and placements.
? End of day reconciliation of internal accounts.
? Interaction with the Treasury department to negotiate rates for customers.
• Controls training sessions assisted the branch obtain a good rating.
• Improved customer turn-around time on queues by being the fastest service provider and creating a competitive environment in the branch.
• Was recommended to the Executive counter to help improve customer turn-around time and gain experience in Relationship banking.
2003 - 2004 Teller
? Counter Customer Service as a teller.
? Cheque call-back confirmations for cheque payments above five hundred thousand shillings.
? Salary processing for employees of customers who banked with Co-operative Bank.
? Issuance and management of cheque books, customer deposit slips and debit cards.
? Internal accounts reconciliations.
? Making and receiving payments.
? Ensure all debit vouchers used to debit customer accounts are properly drawn and signed according to customer mandates
? Ensure cash is balanced daily and within the stipulated time.
? Maintain assigned cash holding limits as stipulated for the branch.
? Maintain the security and confidentiality of company and customer information at all times.
? Ensure high levels of customer service and maintain a pleasant disposition at all times.
? Filing of cash transaction vouchers.
? Ensure that cash in till, date stamps and all security documents are locked in the vault at the end of the day.
Continuing: Bachelor of Science, Business Administration United States International University.
1996: Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) The Kenya High School
1993: Kenya Certificate of Primary Education(KCPE) Serare School
Date of Birth: 1978
Marital Status: Married
Jazz/Classical Music, Reading, Travelling
UBA Kenya Bank Ltd
Mastermind Tobacco (K) Ltd.