Why should you pick me?
I have an eye for detail. I cannot help my constant editing habits. Even when reading for pleasure I notice errors. No book is totally free of errors, but I will try my hardest to make sure that your novel is as error free as possible. My name will be attached to your work! Since we both want future business, I'll make sure to provide quality editing services and will edit and re-edit as needed. I am currently a senior attending Eastern Washington University for my Bachelor's degree in English Literature and Communication Studies. I'm also brand ******** new at this, so I have very reasonable prices.
Book Editing Services Offered:
• Proofreading: Grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, and syntax.
• Copyediting: Proofreading + reference, plot, pacing, POV, style, and voice check.
• Substantive Editing: Proofreading + Copyediting + paragraph reorganizing, overall feel, plot hole fix, plot credibility and believability, and character development.
Other Services Offered:
• Essay Editing: Proofreading your essays for grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, and syntax.
• Blog/Website Editing: Proofreading your blog or website for grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, and syntax.
• Short Story/Novella Editing: Same as book editing on a smaller price scale.
Rates: I charge per page, not per hour
• Proofreading: $0.75-1.00/page
• Copyediting: $1.25-1.50/page
• Substantive Editing: $1.50-2.00/page
• Essay Editing: From $3.00 depending on length
• Blog/Website Editing: From $5.00 depending on length and page count.
• These are negotiable depending on your work. Feel free to email me for a more customized quote.
• There is a price range because not all work needs extensive editing. Some will need more work than others. That's just how it goes. A sample will be helpful in determining price. I’ll read the first 2-3 chapters free of charge and let you know what I think is needed and If I feel I can be of help.
• Half is due at the time of agreement. The other half will be due when the editing is complete. Paypal is preferred.
Your work will only be seen by my eyes. I will never share anything about your book with anyone else. All editing work will be completed by me. If something does not make sense, I will email you immediately for clarification. I will do my best to make sure your already fantastic novel/essay/website has superb quality overall. My specialty is in the proofreading, but I read constantly and have much familiarity with novels, characters, plot, pacing, voice, and style. We will meet your deadlines together. No work is too small or too big to be considered. Your work will be polished and clean when I'm through with it.
I do have preferred genres that I enjoy reading, but I am confident in my abilities to edit almost anything objectively. I prefer a sample of your work to see if it is something with which I will be able to work.
So you want to hire me. What now?
Email me at DanielleCRomero@hotmail dot com I am open for discussion about your work. Feel free to send over a sample of your novel (5-10 pages, max 2000 words) so I can show you what you can expect from my editing services. If you like what you see, we can work out a price.
• A page is a Microsoft Word manuscript in 12 pt Times New Roman type that is double-spaced. A page usually equals 250 words. This helps to find your own estimate before considering me as your editor. It also helps me provide the Tracked Changes function so you can clearly see what I've fixed and commented on.
• Rates provide one read-through and a look at the revisions you've accepted and denied from the first read-through. If more edits are needed, an additional rate will be discussed.
• I do work and go to school as well as raise an active 3yr old. Let us discuss what deadlines you have and we'll definitely make it work.
As mentioned above, Paypal is my preferred method of payment. Half of the total fees agreed upon will be due when we make the initial agreement. This is a non-refundable down payment on my services. The final half will be due when the edits are completed.