SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive experience in fundraising, marketing, strategy consulting, financial analysis, research and non-profit management
• Excellent communication skills, including speaking and writing
• Highly motivated, flexible and able to work well independently and with a wide variety of people
Northwest Arkansas Community Creative Center, Fayetteville, AR 9/07-Present
Board Member and Part-Time Grant Writer
Established in 2007, the Northwest Arkansas Community Creative Center (NWACCC) is a nonprofit organization that offers affordable visual art classes to adults and children.
• Prepare grant applications to potential sources of funding, including private foundations and government entities
• Played key role in developing NWACCC’s fundraising campaigns, strategic plan and scholarship program.
Green Valley Works, Fayetteville, Arkansas 3/09-8/09
Member of the Start-Up Team, identified as future Vice President for Strategy
Green Valley Works is an emerging green technology commercialization company.
• Refined Green Valley’s business plan and prepared grant applications to the US Department of Energy to secure stimulus funding and expand Northwest Arkansas’ business cluster for sustainability-related businesses.
• Helped develop partnerships with local engineers developing new green technologies, including a low-cost photovoltaic cell, an innovative process for turning poultry litter into fertilizer and a thermo-acoustic generator.
Monitor Group 7/98-9/03
MAST Global, Analyst and Associate, London, UK and Cambridge, MA
Monitor Group is a strategy consulting firm, with 28 offices worldwide. MAST Global was the Mergers & Acquisitions advisory and execution boutique of the Monitor Group.
• Worked on M&A projects and strategy consulting projects, including:
o Business plan and 1st round venture capital for a UK telecom start-up.
o Cash management project for a leading Turkish bank.
o Analysis of global roll-out options for a UK company that developed an innovative baby bottle; advised on partnerships and sale opportunities.
o Development of communication materials aimed at stakeholder management for a UK cement company acquiring a Greek company.
• Marketed MAST services to new clients:
o Developed communication materials outlining MAST’s proprietary approach to designing equity partnerships
o Prepared and delivered marketing presentations and industry overviews
International Executive Service Corps (IESC)
Assistant Country Director, Moscow & St. Petersburg, Russia 8/96-6/98
• Assistant manager for IESC’s $6.6m Russia program, which provided subsidized consulting services to Russian start-ups and privatized companies.
• Helped secure and manage projects with a range of Russian companies, including a book wholesaler (sales & marketing), a fur wholesaler (international sales), and a high-tech defense conversion enterprise (technology promotion, partner search).
• Helped prepare grant applications and reports to the U.S. Agency for International Development
• Maintained relationships with European funding sources for IESC clients.
IESC, Project Officer for Russia, Stamford, Connecticut 1/96-8/96
• Recruited executive volunteers for consulting projects in Russia.
• Advised Russian clients on funding sources (multinational banks and investment funds) and helped clients prepare presentations and meet with these institutions.
World Bank, Washington, D.C. 8/95-12/95
Consultant, East Asia Division
• Identified fund re-direction opportunities
• Prepared a report evaluating success of water management projects in Pakistan.
Cole Corette & Abrutyn, Washington DC & Moscow, Russia 1/92-3/93
• Assisted in formation of a telecom joint-venture between the United Kingdom’s Cable & Wireless and Russia’s long distance company, Rostelecom.
Pillsbury Madison & Sutro, Washington DC 6/91-1/92
• Efforts in preparing legal documents and meeting with US and Russian govt. officials helped lead to a US policy decision on the transfer of sensitive technology to Russia.
Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs, New York, NY
Master of International Affairs, May 1995, Concentration in International Economics
Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences, Ithaca, NY
Bachelor of Arts, May 1991, Government Major, Concentration in International Relations
Proficient in numerous computer programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and research databases
Board Member, Schweinfurth Art Museum in Auburn, NY (7/10-Present); Volunteer English language tutor, Ozark Literacy Council in Fayetteville, Arkansas (9/07-7/09)