4998 Eckert St., Castle Rock, CO 80104 firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Writing ~ Instructional Design ~ Database Design ~ Learning Management Systems ~ Educational Software ~ Team Building & Leadership
? Solid command of technical writing for flight training, software-user guides and biological sciences.
? Conveys complex ideas in a simple and understandable fashion via text and other media.
? Author of numerous articles and abstracts in peer-reviewed scientific publications.
? Disciplined instructional designer and developer of educational materials for undergraduate and graduate students in varied subjects and media (study guides, booklets, computer-based and web-delivered training).
? Well versed in design and implementation of large relational databases that manage student data and instructional content. Skillful developer of stored procedures to manage data transactions within and between databases.
? Detail-oriented developer of educational software and supporting systems, including learning management systems (LMS).
? Exceptional ability to deliver projects under budget and ahead of schedule.
? An ability to directly communicate with all levels of management and clients. Thrives on collaboratively working within and with teams, working toward a shared vision or goal.
? Recognized as a winner of peer-nominated and -reviewed quarterly and annual excellence awards.
• Composed, edited and combined text, graphics, video, audio, and interactive content in the development and programming of lessons for the C-5, KC-10, T-6, KC-135 and C-141 programs.
• Developed two- and three-dimensional models using Flash and Flash ActionScript to provide simulator-like ("free play") interactivity on a personal computer.
• Built content-development tools for use by other programmers and trained other professionals in the use of commercial and proprietary software.
• Extensive familiarity with all aspects of the instructional design process, including syllabus development and content creation using material derived from technical manuals and subject matter experts. Experienced in the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation) model of Instructional Systems Design.
ALEX DUNCAN PAGE 2
• Developed, managed and updated the training software framework for delivery of instructional content for the C-141 and C-5 projects.
• Designed, built and maintained databases for storage and retrieval of educational media and student data.
• Performed Transact-SQL coding for databases that handled transactions between complex interactive multimedia instructional systems and supporting learning management systems. Maintained merge and snapshot replication.
• Configured servers and client computers to run FlightSafety software.
• Used C#.Net to construct data objects, business objects and dynamic link libraries for data collection, storage and retrieval.
M.A., Physical Anthropology: University of Texas, Austin, TX
B.A., Anthropology: Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO
Senior Multimedia Programmer
FlightSafety Services Corp., Centennial, CO.
Microstaff, Inc., Englewood, CO
University of Texas, Austin, TX
Macromedia Authorware 3.5 to 6.5
Adobe Flash Professional CS 5
Action Script 2.0
Proprietary FlightSafety content-development tools
MS Office Applications