Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, 2010 - 2012
- Primary editor for the U.S. Department of Energy, Weatherization Assistance Program Standardized Curricula 2.0 series
- Primary content writer, Oak Ridge National Laboratory’s Science Education Program Recruitment Booklet (not available online)
Foothills Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Maryville, Tennessee, 2010 - present
- Public relations, Web maintenance, graphic design (http://amydunn.webs.com/FOMcard_lo.pdf)
- Marketing copy writer and graphic designer, Marketing Brochure (not yet printed)
Allen Coggins, author, Maryville, Tennessee, 2012
- Editor, Scamper Monkeys, a historical novel by Allen Coggins (not yet published)
Knoxville News-Sentinel, Knoxville, Tennessee, 2010-2012
- Lifestyles contributing writer
-- Adoption Series, Part 1 of 3 (http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/nov/27/adoption-options/)
-- Friends of the Library (http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/dec/26/40-years-friends-library/)
Pregnancy Resource Center, Maryville, Tennessee, 2010 - 2012
- Advertising copy writer and graphic designer
- Advertisement (http://amydunn.webs.com/PRC_AD_lo.pdf)
That’s Zhejiang! Magazine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 2009 - 2010
- Contributing writer and photographer
-- Feature travel article (http://amydunn.webs.com/harbin.pdf)
FULL-TIME WORK EXPERIENCE
Zhejiang University of Media and Communications, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 2008 - 2010
Hangzhou Electrical University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 2007 - 2008
- Taught Western Culture and Communication to students majoring in bilingual broadcasting; Comprehensive English to students majoring in English; and Public Speaking and Debate to students majoring in English.
Siskin Children’s Institute, Chattanooga, Tennessee, January 2006 - August 2007
- Wrote press releases, marketing pieces, published articles and Web site content; edited marketing pieces and nationally published articles; served as primary contact for print, television and radio media; served as primary graphic designer; planned and managed communication strategies for major fundraising events; educated Institute staff on communications strategies and techniques; provided marketing consultation and support to three integral departments—including a prestigious school for children with disabilities, a national training and consultation division, and a fundraising department.
Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, March 2004 - December 2005
- Wrote articles for ORAU’s internal monthly newsletter, daily e-newsletter and annual report; wrote press releases, media alerts, marketing materials; wrote and maintained Web site content; edited scientific technical documents and research reports; managed booking, logistics, and marketing for the 2004 and 2005 Community Summer Science Lecture Series.
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, 1999 - 2003
B.S. in Communications, Major in Journalism and Public Relations
Graduated with honors
Gibbs High School, Corryton, Tennessee, 1995 - 1999
High School Diploma
REFERENCES & WRITING SAMPLES
References and additional writing samples are available upon request.