Daphne Gooding, EdD
410 Broadwater Lane
Swanton, MD 21561
Well-prepared doctoral level Education Professional seeking opportunities to apply skills in areas of Science, Technology, Instructional Design, Grant Proposals, Community Development projects, Budgets and Program Tracking
Alliance Publishing and Marketing, Cumberland, MD, 2008-2009
Education Consultant for incorporating Character Education into K-12 curricula
Donald S. Goldbloom, Attorney at Law, Grantsville, MD, 2007-2008
Legal Technology Specialist-converted business to database driven IT environment
Garrett College, McHenry, MD, 2006-2007
Adjunct Instructor in Biology-taught courses for both majors and non-majors
Emmanuel Farms Outreach, Garrett County, MD, Ongoing
Founder, president and Chair of Board of Directors
ACS, Frostburg, MD, 2005-2006.
Director of Learning Development
· Managed professional instructional design and media development teams
· Supervised development of multimedia blended learning training solutions.
· Developed level 1 through 4 evaluations
World Vision in Appalachia, Philippi, WV, 2003-2005
· Managed family education program for low income communities
· Administered $230K federal budget
· Developed new IT structure including T1 connectivity and video conferencing
· Initiated hands-on curricula for audio-video production, art and technology education
Collaboratives for Learning, Pittsburgh, PA 1999-2003.
· Maintained internal database
· Managed LAN
· Initiated professional development opportunities for staff
Ed.D., Technology Education, College of Human Resources and Education, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV.
ABD, Department of Animal Science and Biochemistry, NC State University, Raleigh, NC.
B.A., Chemistry, Pfeiffer University, Misenheimer, NC.
Publications and Multimedia
· Appalachian Community CARE, Philippi, WV, scripted, produced and narrated video about
the Digital Divide in Appalachia
· West Virginia University, National Alternative Vehicles Training Project, Morgantown, WV,
researched, scripted and managed production of multimedia training course for alternative fueled vehicles.
· West Virginia University, Dissertation: Identifying Critical Factors for Developing Effective
Rural Community Technology Centers
· Garrett College, Built online program for instructional support in Introduction to Biology
course for non-science majors
Utilized SPSS and statistical functions of MS Excel. Broad working experience with constructing natural- language knowledge bases. Extensive knowledge of qualitative methodology, particularly with Grounded Theory methods. Broad experience in assessing and evaluating educational programs funded through federal, state and private grants.
· WV Department of Education—Educational innovation grants. ($10,000 to implement two programs)
· Benedum Foundation—Community development grants. (Appalachian Community C.A.R.E.$48,000 and
Community Mini-grant Program $145,000)
· Morino Institute—Discretionary grant. ($5,000)
· Daywood Foundation—Discretionary grant. ($5,000)
· Center for Rural PA—Rural Online Computing Center. ($100,000 for two years)
· USDA RBOG—Rural Business Opportunity Grant. ($40,000)
· PennVest—Masontown Municipal Authority: Sewer upgrades. ($2.7 million)
· PennVest—Carmichaels Water Authority: Additonal water storage tank
· Computer: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Captivate, Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Quickbooks, Flash, Networking, Security, computer repair
· Data Analysis Software: Access, Excel, and SPSS, experienced in assessing and evaluating educational programming for at-risk elementary students
· Problem Solving: High level analytical and synthetic thinking
· Personal: Good sense of humor, challenge seeking, able to adapt to rapidly changing environment, continuously updating skills, excellent coach and mentor for learners