DAVID R. MCLEAN
804 West Dumfries Road ~ Paris, ON N3L 3E2
Information Technology Specialist
Fast track professional successful in the design, development, deployment, and management of technology strategies and policies. Diverse background includes extensive knowledge of mobile solutions, e-Business, and the seamless integration of emerging technologies in large and small user communities. Expansive thinker with outstanding record of achievement implementing new business concepts, delivering innovative business solutions, and facilitating transitioning operations with a high level of ethics and risk management alternatives.
MedShare Inc. Cambridge, ON March 2008 – Present
Software Development Manager
• Key member of the executive team responsible for managing the business, as well as leading a talented team of developers to create high performance and reliable software.
• Support the execution of the company’s business plan to enhance employee engagement and build awareness of the company's strategic objectives and achievements.
• Manage the human, material, and financial resources for the software development function.
• Manage staff development, performance management, and employee motivation and leadership.
• Mentoring and coaching team members on technical issues.
• Project planning and management.
• Establish strategic relationships with IT vendors/partners.
• Composing RFIs and RFPs, as well as business proposals.
• SR&ED documents and claims.
• Implemented software estimation framework, and code quality metrics.
Jan 2006 – Feb 2008
• Lead the design and development of Smart-Client applications, Web Services, and mobile solutions dedicated to the home health care segment of the health industry.
• Review of business requirements to bring together architectural and design documents, and to provide resource efforts for project management.
• Translate business needs into technical solutions.
• Development cycle included use of Agile methodologies, including Xtreme programming and iterative development.
• Incorporated Test Driven Development into development process.
• Managed projects and development teams to meet project timelines, and to ensure resources were allocated accordingly.
• Assumed DBA role for major portions of all projects company wide.
• All development accomplished using C#, C++, .NET Framework, WPF, WCF, Java, and SQL Server 2005.
Municipal Property Assessment Corp. Pickering, ON April 2001 – Jan 2006
Senior Programmer Analyst
• Key resource in designing and developing wireless and Internet applications for property assessment tasks.
• Team Leader for mobile application development team.
• Tools included Microsoft Visual Studio, Borland JBuilder, Borland Enterprise Server, Oracle, Visual Source Safe, and Rational Rose under Windows 2000 and Unix.
• Developed Web Services using Java and SOAP technologies for PocketPC/Server communication, as well as providing external applications access to the IPS application functionality and data.
• Migration of PocketPC application from embedded Visual Basic 3.0 to VB.NET.
• Successfully selected technologies and enhanced code to increase performance of data retrieval from server to PDA. Retrieval time reduced from 2 minutes to 6 seconds.
• Development of ETL components for data migration (PL/SQL).
Concise Technologies Mississauga, ON Feb 2001 – April 2001
Senior Software Developer/Architect
• Designed and developed real-time wireless system for Blackberry device for insurance industry application.
• Defined the software architecture and interfaces to integrate RIM wireless technologies, enabling a more cost-effective, time-efficient means of data requests and responses.
• Responsible for full development life cycle.
• Development tools included Visual C++ and RIM API.
InSystems Technologies Markham, ON Oct 2000 – Feb 2001
Senior Software Developer/Team Lead
• Key member of the maintenance and enhancement development team of a document assembly/management system.
• Facilitated building of permanent staff for this team.
• Successfully debugged and enhanced problems with existing system.
• Development tools included Visual C++ and Java.
InfoAXS Information Technology Whitby, ON Sept 1999 – Oct 2000
• Senior software architect and lead developer of a leading edge startup software development company.
• Designed and developed a wireless vibration data collection and analysis system for Ford Motor Company. Integrated the Fast Fourier Transform algorithm for graphing and auditory presentation of machine data.
• Designed and implemented various components of a call distribution system.
• Designed and developed an operations management system for a courier company. This system provided uses with the ability to enter, modify, and track the status of shipments.
• Designed, developed, and deployed eCommerce website for small sized bookstore.
• Project development accomplished with Visual C++, Visual Basic, Java, and various database systems.
ACNielsen Canada Markham, ON Sept 1996 – Sept 1999
Business Systems Analyst
• Valuable member of a dynamic team developing component software for a data warehousing tool, capable of ad-hoc reporting and analysis using a powerful multi-dimensional OLAP engine.
• Designed and developed a 32/16-bit thunk interface.
• Secondary lead of the design and development of the application user interface.
• Team lead for a group of five developers working on the Microsoft Office integration portion of the project.
• All development accomplished with Visual C++, ATL, and MFC.
Medcan Health Management Inc. Toronto, ON May 1996 – Sept 1996
• Functioned as a key member of a consulting team in the design and development of a client-server application facilitating users to manage client data. Redeveloped existing Access application in Visual Basic working with Sybase database.
C/C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic, MFC, ATL, WIN32 API, .NET Framework (1.0 – 3.5), WPF, WCF, PL/SQL, HTML, XML, XSLT, RAPI, M-Technology
Visual Studio, J-Builder, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visual SourceSafe, Gemini, MS Project, SQL Server, Visio, Front Page, Visual Interdev, PVCS, Oracle, Rational Rose, BizTalk, SharePoint, SQL-Programmer, WordPerfect, Dreamweaver, Visual Café, Borland Enterprise Server, IIS, Tomcat, Sonic MQ, Crystal Reports, Actuate, AMX-PI
Object-Oriented design and development, Agile methodologies, COM/DCOM, CORBA, UML, SOAP, ASP, J2EE, J2ME, JSP, JMS, JNDI, Struts, SOA, Web Services, Data Warehousing, RUP, HL7, Design Patterns
Windows, Windows Server, UNIX
EDUCATION Business Programmer Analyst
Sault College of Applied Arts & Technology, Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Oracle (9i) Database Administration
Oracle Canada Education Services, Toronto, ON
VITALS My family, extreme sports and adventures, music, and living life to the limit.