Ron Tolentino Velasco
Conceptualizing innovative and original designs in illustration and concept art-based storytelling
Summary of Qualifications
* 6 years experience in illustration and design within the entertainment industry
* Created and developed new concepts, storyboards and illustrations for multiple projects
* Effective in multi-tasking numerous projects
* Demonstrated ability to acquire and apply knowledge in a timely manner
* Independent/team player
The Walt Disney Company, Disney Consumer Products, Burbank (2006-Present)
Disney Character Artist, Global Creative
As part of the Global Creative team, created Style Guide artwork for the global Disney community, licensees,
vendors, retailers, and consumers.
* Lead Character Artist for Walt Disney Film Franchises. Responsible for creating Style Guides featuring
aspirational characters and innovative storytelling from live-action films such as Tron Legacy, Tim
Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, Prince of Persia, Cars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and A Christmas Carol.
* Responsible for guiding licensees within Disney’s lines of businesses to creating new and compelling
products for the global market.
Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Los Angeles (2009- Present)
Instructor, Drawing the Human Head
Drawing instructor focusing on drawing the human head using classical methods.
* Developed course curriculum for drawing the human head that taught students to deconstruct and
properly draw the human head based on traditional methods and simplified ideas.
* Provided unique drawing techniques and skills.
* Inspired and introduced students to new original and creative thinking.
Nickelodeon Animation Studios, Burbank 1998-1999
Art and production assistant responsible for character clean-up, character development and exploration, size
comparisons, and promotional art for visual development projects.
* Worked with senior artist to develop new character poses for television series, Angry Beavers.
* Developed and conceptualized new character designs and expressions for television movie, Planet Kate.
Interests and Activities
Participated in various gallery group shows, including:
* Climate Gallery (New York), 2010
* La Luz de Jesus Gallery (Los Angeles), 2010, 2008
* I am 8 Bit (Los Angeles), 2008
* ISM Art Community (Orange County), 2008
* Black Maria Gallery (Los Angeles), 2008, 2007
Published Artwork featured in books & magazines including:
* ISM Art Magazine, 2008
* The Art of Disney Princess, 2009
* The Climate Gallery Catalog, 2010
Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA
BFA Illustration 2005
Los Angeles Figurative of Arts, Van Nuys, CA
Figurative Oil painting 2004
The American Animation Institute, North Hollywood, CA
Animation, Life Drawing, Storyboard, Character design 2000-2002
University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA
Fine Arts 1995-2000
* Adobe Photoshop
* Adobe Illustrator
* Corel Painter