Camden High School Advanced Regents Diploma– Camden, NY
September 2005 – June 2009
Morrisville State College – Morrisville, NY
August 2009 – May 2013
Tutor at MSC September 2012 – May 2013
• Help students in a variety of different Journalism classes, as well as Sign Language and History
o I helped students prepare and study for quizzes and tests. While providing them with study tips. I also proof read papers for students and made suggestions for additions to papers.
Sports Information Student Assistant, January 2012 – May 2012
• Press Release, Event Management, Live Stats, Creative Services
o I created posters for upcoming games or special fundraising events that teams were holding, while also writing press releases on deadline after games. I also learned how to take live stats on StatCrew for : Ice Hockey, Basketball, Lacrosse, and Softball
Miss Rodeo New York Inc., December 2011 – Present
• Fundraising Coordinator, Public Relations, Photographer, Creative Services.
o I created posters for upcoming events using Adobe Photoshop, as well as took and assisted in taking portraits and candid shots of Miss Rodeo New York 2012. I also found fundraising and sponsorship opportunities. As well as taking photographs for the Miss Rodeo New York Pageant.
Village of Sylvan Beach, April 2011 – Present
• Parking attendant, monitored parking lots, checked parking meters, write parking tickets
o This position required me to be very detail orientated and was also a position of great trust and responsibility.
The CHIMES, August 2009 – Present
• August 2009 started out at a staff reporter for the sports section writing sports articles as well as features on athletes and coaches, May 2010 promoted to Sports Co-Editor, where I had to edit sports articles for the section as well as layout stories for the weekly e-news and the monthly print issues. May 2011 was moved to Online Co-Editor where I was in charge of updating the weekly e-news and checking for errors once the stories had been laid out as well as updating the Twitter and Facebook pages. January 2012 moved back to Sports Co-Editor. Spring 2012 promoted to Managing Editor for 2012-13 school year.
Vienna Summer Recreation, July-August 2010
• Mentor, watched children ages 4-14, monitored swim lessons, chaperoned field trips
o This was also a high responsibility and high pressure position.
• Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society inducted in Spring 2012
• Doug L. Youngs Memorial Award- Excellence in sports reporting Spring 2012
• Dean’s List Spring 2011, Fall 2011, Spring 2012, Fall 2012
• Founder’s Award for leadership and significant contributions Spring 2011
• Awarded excellent work ethic award for Journalism labs Spring 2010, 2011,2012
• Two guest broadcasts with WCVM Media Fall 2010, 2011
• Peer Mentoring, Tutoring – Camden High School
• United States Leadership Award 2008
• National Honor Society – Camden High School
• Member of the 2007 Camden High School Section III and Regional winning field hockey team, as well as State semi-finalists.
• Morrisville State Field Hockey 2009-2010
• Camden Varsity Field Hockey 2007-2009
• Camden Varsity Basketball 2007-2008
• Youth Field Hockey Coach 2007-2009
• Volunteer at Camden Field Hockey Camp 2005-2010
• Experience speaking Spanish and Sign Language
• Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash and InDesign
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Updating social media sites and websites
• Designing websites
• Interviewing and enterprising
• Working with large or small groups of people