Daniel R. Marois
Summary of Qualifications
* Communications : With over 30 years experience in public relations, marketing, and fundraising, I've produced information brochures, newsletters press releases, feature stories, speeches, advertising copy, and promotional campaigns for program services and community service projects.
*Exceptional Communication Skills: With an extensive background in public speaking and theater techniques, I am well versed in making presentations, facilitating discussions, and conducting interviews for feature stories. I’m equally comfortable in thinking quickly on my feet, a skill that’s often called upon in unexpected circumstances.
* Interpersonal Relationships: I’m a seasoned team player though I can also work independently as needed. I have a fun loving sense of humor. I work well with people in diverse situations whether talking one-on-one or addressing large groups and audiences. I’m an experienced improviser.
* Writing Accomplishments: Freelance writer with work published in local and regional magazines and newspapers. Produced newsletters, newspaper tabloids, annual reports, and internal communications for one of Maine’s largest health systems with 1500+ employees.
*Website Development: Skilled in developing website content and maintenance.
* Management Experience -Served as part of the Senior Management decision making team in major organizations. Responsible for public relations, strategic planning, and marketing. Served as corporate spokesperson in all relationships with the media.
* Special Skills: Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite, PageMaker, In Design, Illustrator, Publisher, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, video editing, and fundraising software.
*Owner of Mystery for Hire and Mainely Improv, a theater troupe offering ****** mystery dinner theater and improvisational comedy since 1995. Chief Entertainment Officer!
*Owner of Mainely Communications, offering freelance writing services to publications, businesses and individuals since 1980. Communications Guru!
Advanced study in Business/Health Administration -St. Joseph's College
Bachelor's Degree in English and Communications -Boston University