• Experience in writing articles, editorial pieces, press releases, research reports, and creative print/digital copy.
• Well versed in copyediting, transcription, editing of interviews, and proofreading, most recently for published comics and a soon to be released novel.
• Strong command of the English language; familiarity with numerous writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• The ability to adhere to the demands of quick deadlines and multitask; as several titles can be due at the same time.
• Competent dedicated management assistant.
B.B.A., Marketing, Radford University, Radford, VA, 2007
• Contributing writer at BrokeAssStuart.Com.
• Editor for the following comic series: Tiger Lawyer, Brothers James, 41, Los Muertos, and D4V3.
• Editor for the soon to be released novel Davita.
• Assistant Editor and writer for VAB Magazine.
• Contributing editor/writer ComicBookBabylon.com.
• Writes copy, press releases, pitches, and publishing contracts.
• Research Assistant and Marketing Coordinator Epoque Films.
• Comic lettering.
Management Assistant, MetroStaff, Instaset Technology Corp and Trinity Technology Group (same position but under different contractors) - Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center, Portsmouth, VA, 8/09-11/11
• Draft, edit, and format technical documents including policy documents, instructions, and standard operating procedures.
• Create, edit, calculate, revise, retrieve, store, and print a wide range of documents (correspondence, meeting minutes, agendas, contracts, purchase requests, reports, graphs, calendars, mailing labels, tables, directives, etc.) in final form from drafts.
• Maintain documents on department personnel including training, certifications, phone lists, and timecards.
• Enter data into Defense Travel System, track travel orders to insure completion of travel vouchers for reimbursement.
• Review the budget in FASTDATA for department expenditures and provide status to Department Head and Deputy Department Head.).
• Perform article research using DOCLINE and PubMed.
• Prepare marketing materials for several Public Health Educators to promote their Health Promotion and Wellness Program.
Administrative Clerk – Caliper, Inc., (Contractor) - Navy and Marine Corps Public
Health Center, Portsmouth, VA, 4/09-7/09
• Entered data contained in patient medical reports into the secure Asbestos Medical Surveillance Program (AMSP) and maintained and edited their Access database.
• Insured accuracy of the data/records scanned, entered and annotated the entry in the AMSP Log.
• Verified accuracy, assured integrity and protection of privacy of data entered/records.
Test Evaluator –Pearson Educational Measurement, Virginia Beach, VA, 4/08–4/09
• Reviewed and evaluated educational assessments for elementary, middle and high school students in the disciplines of reading and writing.
• Essays were reviewed for content, style, grammar, and format. After each essay was reviewed and analyzed, an evaluation was prepared for various educational organizations (state and national).
• Continuously received pay for performance based on accuracy of reviews and the number of assessments completed for each project.
Promotions Agent –Relative Theory Records/The Boot (Internship), Norfolk, VA, 5/07-8/07
• Worked with bands to established schedule for upcoming shows. Designed flyers to promote upcoming shows after bands were booked.
• Managed and updated online store. Insured the accuracy of purchases.
• Promoted a variety of events both on and offline through the company sites, local newspapers and various web based networks (MySpace Manager, etc.). Utilized Adobe Photoshop, Coda Editor Plus, Adobe Dreamweaver and the internet to accomplish all tasks.
• Recommended additional advertising that increased company sales and grew customer base.
Computer Skills Microsoft Word • Microsoft Excel • Microsoft Power Point • Microsoft Access • Microsoft Publisher • Adobe Acrobat and Reader • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Dreamweaver • Coda EditorPlus • Photography Skills (Print and Digital)
Writing Samples & References Available