805 496-2523 • Westlake Village, CA 91362
curtwalstead.com • email@example.com
• Broad background in whimsical illustration, cartooning, product/toy design, concept development, and character design.
• Skilled in the use of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
• Proven ability to work under the restraints of tight schedules and budgets while maintaining a high level of professionalism and quality control within a team environment.
• Designed storyboards for the award winning series Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go. Dora is currently the #1 show for all of commercial television for kids 2-5 with over 15 million viewers.
• Interstitial director for the popular children’s series Dragon Tales and Baby Looney Tunes.
• Designed product line for the national Warner Bros./US Postal Service Looney Tunes Stamp collection promotion.
• Developed product/toy designs for The Disney Stores, Warner Bros., Universal Studios, MGM Grand, The Flamingo Hotel, and Mirage Casinos.
• Designed original lines of plush for Bestever Inc. Was responsible for concept, product design, and comp illustrations for presentation and production purposes.
• Illustrated books for numerous publishers and corporations such as John Deere, Clorox, Johns Hopkins, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Scholastic, and Oxford Press.
• Storyboard supervisor for the PBS award winning series Clifford’s Puppy Days. Winner of the 2004 Parent’s Choice Award for excellence in programming.
• Director for the animated series Men In Black, Big Guy and Rusty, and Loonatics
Freelance illustrator/toy designer 2008-present
Product designer and illustrator
• Designed and illustrated original characters, books, and toys.
Nickelodeon, Burbank, CA 2006-2008
• Designed storyboards for the award winning series Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go.
Warner Bros. Animation, Sherman Oaks, CA 2002-2005
Director and storyboard artist
• Supervised a team of storyboard artists and was responsible for animatic production and song choreography for Loonatics Unleashed and Baby Looney Tunes.
Mike Young Productions, Woodland Hills, CA 2003
• Supervised a team of storyboard artists and was responsible for animatic production for Clifford’s Puppy Days.
Sony Productions, Culver City, CA 1998-2001
Director and storyboard artist
• Responsible for storyboard supervision, song choreography, animatic production, and direction for Dragon Tales, Men in Black, Big Guy and Rusty, and Dragon Tales.
Dreamworks, Universal City, CA 1996-1997
• Storyboard artist for the action adventure series Invasion America.
Walt Disney TV Animation, Burbank, CA 1991-1992
• Storyboard artist for Goof Troop and Darkwing Duck.
Applause, Inc., Woodland Hills, CA 1988-1990
• Designed gift products for the consumer market including plush, collectables, and home décor.
Freelance designer/illustrator 1991-present
Product/toy designer, illustrator, and storyboard artist
• Conceived and designed consumer products and toys for the Disney Store, Warner Bros., Universal Studios, MGM Grand, The Flamingo Hotel, Mirage Casinos, and Bestever Inc.
• Storyboard artist for Teenage Mutant Turtles, Dibo the Gift Dragon, The New Flintstones, Earthworm Jim, and Rugrats.
• BFA Degree in Illustration, Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA
• BA Degree in Biological Science, California State University, Sacramento, CA