My 35-year career in all facets of music publishing and printing has enabled me to develop and further enhance a wide array of valuable business skills: music composing, arranging, and engraving; editing; proofreading; advertising copywriting, re-writing, ad design, and direct mail packaging design and project management; marketing strategy and implementation; and artist relations. Working for multi-national recording artists and their management agencies, and being responsible for representing their art with a high level of quality, requires an equal level of creative energy, deadline stamina, and multi-tasking abilities, combined with an intense attention to detail and accuracy.
I have been a musician and editor/proofreader my entire career. Currently I am working as a freelance audio and video technician and production assistant for several Florida production companies. I also work under contract to Sheet Music Online editing and revising a catalog of public domain music. I recently worked freelance as a proofing editor for a transcription and video titling service using proprietary software of their own design.
CPP/Belwin -Warner Bros. Publications-Alfred Music Publishing, Miami, FL 1992 – 2012
• Arranger/Transcriber of popular and educational sheet music product, taking recorded music “off the record” and putting it in the appropriate formats and in camera-ready digital form for print. Liaison to multi-national recording artists and their management teams to ensure accuracy and approval before publication.
I arranged and transcribed hundreds of pages of published sheet music product sold on the market.
• Advertising & Marketing Production Coordinator for all company departments, supervising retail promotions, advertisements, packaging, direct mail, and internal communications.
I worked in team environments and as an individual with management, editors, artists, typesetters, and related press personnel to represent company product in all facets of advertising, nationally and internationally. In particular, I helped brainstorm and coordinate new processes, designs, and press-ready packaging of book-with-CD products by working with editors and press supervisors to solve logistical and material problems and cut costs.
• Assistant Editor for all school music publications and advertising/marketing materials, including magazine advertisements and direct mail promotions.
I was responsible for the technical editing & proofreading of hundreds of products per year to ensure frontline quality music engravings for print, and coordinated all materials for yearly promotional recording sessions, and was responsible for the accuracy of all promotional materials and ads.
• Technical Editor/Proofreader for all printed music & lyrics in all styles for all departments, from popular sheet music to educational and school market music.
I proofread and edited product for all departments according to established company and music industry standards, and incorporated artist and management approval requirements.
Business Cards Tomorrow (BCT), Orlando, FL 1989 – 1992
• Quality Control Manager/Proofreader for all wholesale-to-retail daily orders, which required proofreading all type, art, and layout of business cards, announcements, and stationery. I supervised the delegation of any necessary corrections with staff or made corrections myself, such as resetting type and re-doing paste-up for artwork.
I helped devise and institute a positive rewards program with management for typesetters and artists to reduce errors and speed workflow.
Screen Gems-Columbia Pictures Publications-CPP/Belwin, Miami, FL 1978 – 1992
• Arranger/Transcriber-Editor-Proofreader in a freelance capacity on multiple product lines and varied functions. Arranged sheet music and instrumental music, editor with cover credit of 600+ page comprehensive company branded songbook, proofreader and technical editor of a curriculum/teaching method for school band directors.
Education – Graduated in 1988 from Full Sail for the Recording Arts, Orlando FL with a vocational certificate in all aspects of audio and video production, recording, editing, live sound, equipment maintenance, and digital music production.
Proficiencies – Industry standard business software (Microsoft Office Suite) and Finale music notation software. Currently training to certify in all Adobe, Avid, and Apple video and audio software.