2407, 34 St S.W, Calgary, AB, T3E 2W4
(403) 400 - 8701
Looking for a permanent, full time and part time position with advance opportunity as a youth supervisor, coordinator and Art Teacher, where I can use my skills and experience to increase, implement, and evaluate programs for youth in the community
• Excellent creativity in graphic designing / management and Art.
• Good experience working with children and youth from different cultures
• Very much familiar with organizing events and communication with other organization
• Excellent marketing communication and writing skills
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
• Have over fifteen years experience in teaching as an Art instructor.
• Excellent personal motivation with a proven ability to build and work collaboratively in a strong team concept environment, and independently.
• Focused, versatile, dependable, multi-task oriented, flexible, positive, emotionally stable, able to adapt effectively to challenging and emergency situations.
• Well developed skills in prioritizing, organization, decision making, time management, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people.
• Qualified in Industrial First-Aid application and care.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyze situations accurately and effectively.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Graphic Design ,Adobe Illustrator , Flash , In Design and Photoshop
• Knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures for program development.
• Knowledge of office administration.
• Good understanding of the cultural and political environment.
Professional work Experience
YMCA of Calgary 2011
• Initiated and executed various activity programs with various methods of sewing, knitting, sculpting, weaving, enameling, drawing as well as painting.
• Provided essential control for departmental budget and purchased and managed different delivers.
• Coordinated and facilitated all activities including transportation, facilities, and participation.
• Coordinated with agencies and employers
• Approved school tours with the members for graffiti arts and activities in that time.
Central Alberta Immigrant Women's Association December 2010 to 2011
HIPPY Program / Home visitor
• Visit families ones a week
• Provide Role play in every visit
• Assisted my client by helping them learn and become more able to be a member of today’s society and CAIWA organization
• Participating to monthly and weekly events
Boys and Girls Club of Red Deer October 2010 to June 2011
Integration / Translator / Youth Arts and Crafts coordinator
• Work with Community Connections cooperation to refer clients to services as required
• Participate in the professional development opportunities
• Provide quality care, support and supervision to children and youth in either a group home or shelter environment.
Boys and girls club of St. John’s, Newfoundland 2006-2010
Director of Fine Art and Multi Cultural Program?
• Applaud the efforts of youth and children , and enjoy their individual growth
• Help students learn problem-solving skills
• Develop and organize Multi Cultural Program
• Participate in the day-to-day operation of the facility.
• Assessed the program requirements of youth in the community.
• Worked closely with program front-line staff to understand youth's skills and competencies.
• Provided monthly and yearly reports about youth programs and opportunities.
• Identified and connected with community organizations youth centers, and other interested parties to recruit eligible youth.
• Ensured that all programs and activities are implemented according to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
• Encouraged existing organizations to include youth.
• Researched funding sources and project requirements.
• Communicated with youth to determine their needs and interests.
• Manage volunteer staffing of the center and teen programming.
Association for the new Canadian 2006 – 2007
International friends Day Care St. John’s, NL
• Help coordinator to organize all activities
• Help Coordinator to design and supervise children
• Recruited and mentored, Children participating in the Summer camp Employment Program (SYEP).
Art and administration office director 2001- 2003
Muslim Hope UNHCR (American NGO)
• Providing administrative support for the division such as answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries
• Establishing, maintaining, and updating data base, records, and/or other documents
• Sorting, reviewing, and distributing incoming and outgoing mail
• Preparing financial vouchers
• Completing routine correspondence as requested
High School / Elementary School Teacher 2002-2004
Graphic Design and Art Teacher
Minoo elementary School, Iran / Tehran
17th Shahriver High School, Iran Tehran
• Conducted various adequate classes on the Layout and graphic Design.
• Offered required help to the students outer the classrooms if needed.
• Provided necessary education counseling as the education advisor to the students.
• Provided numbers of lectures on Fine Art and Graphic Design studies.
• Planned and implemented special school events with the proper coordination with the supportive officials along with the community representatives.
Master of Arts in Education Student
Graphic Design Diploma 2008 to 2010
College of the North Atlantic
Canada, St. John’s, Newfoundland
Bachelor of fine Art ??? 1994-2001
Fine Arts Faculty
Islamic Azad Art University
• Computer Graphic’s Certificate, Cavendish College of London
• Member of Iranian Council of Artists (painting)
• Member of Iranian Specialist Association (painting)
• Member of Newfoundland Artist association
• Certificate of Achievement. Offered by AXIS, the career services division of the Association for New Canadians.
• Early Childhood Education certificate
• ESL Studies
• National Canadian Lifeguard Certificate
• First Grade Lifeguard Certificate, Iran Lifeguard Federation
• Canadian and Danish First Aid Certificate (CPR)
Read, write, speak, English and Persian
Read Danish, Arabic and German
• Boys and Girls Club of St. John’s
• Association of the New Canadian
• MacDonald’s ( fundraising for the BGC )
• Home (Building a new Daycare in St. John’s )
Going to the concert, Sketching, Painting, reading, Traveling, dancing, swimming, kayaking, skiing, social gathering and music
Mr. Les Waite
Boys and Girls Club of Red Deer
4633 49 St
Red Deer, AB T4N 1T4
Mr. John Barry
Instructor –Textile Students
Collage of the North Atlantic (Prince Philip Drive Campus)
John (J.) Barry, MFA
1 The Winter Path
Box 8 Site 3 RR 1
St. Michael's, NL A0A 4A0
(709) 689-2622 cell