Writer/Editor responsibilities with a magazine, PR firm, book publisher, or newspaper; Customer service in merchandise retail; anything with a creative focus.
• Experienced in writing small articles, short stories, essays, poems, commentary, photo captions, blogs, etc.
• Strong technical command of the English language; familiarity with virtually all writing styles; serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word. Competent researcher.
• Over 5 years experience in customer service, ranging everywhere from retail to event staff. Worked under time crunched situations and more relaxed environments.
• Experience both as a team member and solo worker.
Currently completing a B.A. in English – Creative Writing Poetry, as well as a minor in Music, at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas.
Customer Service – Rangers Ballpark, Arlington, TX 04/05-08/08
• Customer service, kiosk sales, event staff, promotions, parking attendant, photography sales, tours
Event Staff – Fort Worth Symphony Summer Concert Series 05/06-08/06
??§ Set up/take down of outdoor concerts; usher during events
Bookseller/Barista – Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Arlington, Tx 08/07-01/10
• Retail, cashier, multi-line phone, computer orders, store upkeep, customer service, display set up, some events (book releases), food prep
Camp Counselor – Texas State Strings Camp., San Marcos, TX 06/27/09-07/05/09
• Counselor, phone calls, set up, babysitting, music event staff/performer
Student Caller – Texas State Annual Givings, San Marcos, Tx 08/09-05-10
• Contacting students, parents, and alumni for various annual givings. Raising around $100 a night per person, at least, for the university.
Trends Reporter – University Star, Texas State University, San Marcos, Tx 08/09-05/10
• Propose, compose, and edit trends (aka “entertainment”) articles for university paper. Deadlines, researching, fact-checking, stylebooks/formats, grammar, creative writing skills, some design.
Poetry Editor – Words Works Literacy Magazine, Texas State University, San Marcos, Tx 08/09-01-10
• Collect, copy edit, decide winning poetry submissions into online magazine.
Apple Technical Support – AppleCare College HBA Program, San Marcos, Tx 05/10-present
• Provide technical support for iOS devices(iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, etc). Setting up repairs/replacements, iTunes accounts, technical troubleshooting, customer service, warranty/accessories sales.
SXSW 2011 Film Panel Volunteer – SXSW Film, Austin, Tx 03/11
• Greet panelists in green room, direct and escort panelists to panel rooms, adjust some a/v equiptment, lighting, communicate thoroughly with other crews in other panel rooms, other general event staff responsibilities.
Microsoft Word • Photoshop • iMovie • Internet skills • iOS devices/software • Mac OS X
· Rae Anderson – SXSW Film Panels Crew Chief – 512-413-8852
· Jonna K. Beck – Texas State English Graduate Student/TA - 830-832-6637, email@example.com
· Bob Kapsos – Arlington Children’s Librarian - 817-528-7994, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Cyrus Cassels – English Professor - email@example.com