THOMAS A. BAYS
Time Warner Cable Media
October 1995-November 2012
2008-November 2012 – Production Leader: Managed commercial production for
• Developed time lines and managed expectations for clients, sales associates and sales
management. Consistently, met tight deadlines.
• Worked with traffic department to insure deadlines were met and created a client/spot database
that was readily available.
• Created, wrote, produced & edited commercials that contributed directly to over $1.2 million in
• One of only 2 producers in the Region to create content for Interactive Television platform.
• Created content on a variety of platforms including: Spot production, promotions, long form
videos and on demand programming.
• Transitioned from Avid and PC to Final Cut and Mac in a 1 month period while continuing to
provide clients with consistent service.
• Developed content for diverse client base in the Cincinnati, Dayton and Northern Kentucky
• Worked internally and externally to create consistent client messaging to maximize long-term
• Created a positive and friendly open door environment and worked well with others in all
facets of the production process.
1995-2007 • Producer/Director: Included commercial and long form video production, studio
director, camera operation and lighting set-up. Also script writing, client consultation and editing
through post-production • ATP Tennis closed circuit (3 years as director of facility management)
• Worked with Avid Media Composer and Adrenaline
Pre-production: Written proposals, treatments and scripts. Participated in client consultation
meetings or facilitate group creative meetings with both client and employees.
Operate HD cameras (Panasonic HPX-170 & GH2).
• 17 years field production experience utilizing cameras, lighting and direction of single and
multiple camera events.
• Jib and green screen
• Final Cut 7 and Adobe Photoshop
• Boris BCC7 Effects
• Avid Media Composer and Adrenaline.
• Edit with Ensequence for Interactive Television Platform (ITV)
Southern Ohio College
• Associate Degree, Audio/Video Production
• September 1994, Graduated *** Laude
• Dean's List and President's list.
• Professionally trained Avid, Final Cut, Photoshop and lighting classes.