Membership, Communications & Foundation Manager 2008-Present
• Develop and implement membership and communications strategies that positively influence growth initiatives for new members and maintain a high rate of satisfaction and retention among existing members.
• Oversee all aspects of membership renewal for 2,000 attorneys, judges and paralegals, including budgeting, developing membership materials, direct marketing to members and managing overall renewal process and staff. Exceeded budget goal of $400K in 2008-09 and budget goal of $390K in 2010-11.
• Manage the Association’s database of nearly 4,000 members and nonmembers. Managed initial implementation and conversion to a new membership database -- Associate by Intus Technologies – with ongoing coordination.
• Manage the organization’s external communications and public relations through hardcopy and electronic newsletters, website content, e-communications, press releases and direct media outreach.
• Act as primary staff liaison to the organization’s Foundation, managing its development, grant-making and promotional activities. Foundation’s 2010 Annual Appeal showed a 50% increase in dollars raised, and a 44% increase in its number of donors over the previous year; Foundation’s 2011 annual appeal showed a 33% increase in dollars raised and 14% increase in its number of donors.
• Manage 8-10 membership-wide events over a year, from planning to onsite execution. Events range from 50 to 450 attendees at various venues in Rochester.
• Supervise one full time staff member – Membership & Communications Coordinator – and manage supplemental staff on as needed projects.
Relevant Past Work Experience:
Account Executive, Roberts Public Relations Group
• Managed and executed public relations campaigns for multiple client accounts in education, health care, technology and non-profit fields.
• Developed and distributed press releases; executed media pitches to local and national outlets; and supported clients with planning and execution of press conferences and media events announcing new products and major company news.
• Produced marketing communications materials for clients, including brochures, case studies, white papers and website content.
• Provided account service support including estimating and invoicing jobs, creating production schedules and managing day-to-day client service functions.
The Greece Post - Wolfe Community Newspapers (now MPNewspapers) – Rochester, NY