With over 15 years of experience in graphic design, art, marketing and videography. I have extensive experience in page layout, ad campaigns, art direction and all advertising and marketing needs.
I bring a unique set of skills because we create content that speaks volumes. I take general or vague ideas the customers have to a whole new level by giving them quality options beyond what they envisioned. I work face to face or behind the scenes to make the most of the creative process in order to exceed expectations. Being creative is a way of life, not simply a profession.
2011 - current – WTVQ, Lexington, KY
Overview: Photojornalisim and Live Truck Operator for WTVQ ABC 36 in Lexington, KY.
Local stories, overnight shift for not only WTVQ but also WKYT every other month. Primary sports videographer for high school sports and the University of Kentucky basketball and football.
2007 – 2010 – Blood-Horse Publications
Senior Producer / Director
Overview: Initiated and developed online, broadcast and DVD video content for Blood-Horse Publication’s numerous websites including www.bloodhorse.com, www.thehorse.com that led to the creation of a video department for Blood-Horse Publications and its numerous websites.
- Travel to major horse racing events including the Kentucky Derby, Triple Crown, and Breeders Cup World Championships around the country to produce on-location daily news, interviews, and feature stories for www.bloodhorse.com.
- Direct and produce, shoot and edit weekly and bi-monthly horse racing news analysis shows.
- Direct, produce, shoot, and edit weekly news series, webinars, continuing education videos and feature-news stories for The Horse Magazine.
- Direct, produce, shoot and edit promotional videos for Blood-Horse Publications books, videos and online retail store.
- Coordinate ABC, ESPN, TVG, HRTV and Hammond Communications sub-contractor services and develop working relationships with the national sports media.
- Responsible for research, recommendations and purchasing of all video equipment related to the video department.
- Recommend and hire freelance camera operators and editors for special projects.
2003 – 2007 – Blood-Horse Publications
Responsibilities included managing and designing the overall layout, production and printing press preparation for the International magazine: The Horse.
2000-2003 – Blood-Horse Publications
Responsibilities included creation of ads, designing page layouts and production for the International magazines Blood-Horse, The Horse, Keeneland and the book division Eclipse Press.
2000 – Present – Twenty One Productions
Co-Owner / Director / Writer
Overview: Contracted to work for several National, Local and Independent Production Companies.
- Second Assistant Director for Lifetime Television production “Cheerleader Nation” promo spots and opening of show.
- Camera Operator for Cobalt Productions / Discovery Health Channel Documentary.
- Camera Operator for High School Sports game-film and highlight videos (football, soccer and cheerleading).
- Directed, produced, and shot weddings and other special events.
- Directed, produced and shot DVD Fundraiser for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lexington.
- Directed, produced and shot promotional pieces for VirtueMedia.
- Camera Operator for University of Kentucky special presentations including the UK
- Produced advertisements and DVD packaging for Post Time Video Documentaries.
- Camera Operator on live-to-tape production for the African American Forum.
- Hire talent, manage set locations, supervise crew and direct film productions.
- Secure resources and distribution of creative films.
- Wrote several screenplays.
Well versed in the following software platforms:
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Final Cut Studio: Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Compressor and LiveType.
Final Cut Pro
Avid Media Composer, After Effects
Flash Video Encoder
Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
Experience using RSS feeds, social media (ie: Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.)
- 2008 American Horse Publications - First Place: Equine-related video. Bloodhorse.com: “Reliving a Classic Rivalry” LINK: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/watch/45956C59-0DB1-4A0C-9842-D4D05EE00489
- 2008 American Horse Publications - Second Place: Equine-related video. TheHorse.com: “Ryder Report: Horse Health News”
- 2006 American Horse Publications - Winner, General Excellence Self-Supported Magazine: The Horse (Art Director)
- 2006 American Horse Publications - Winner, Overall Publication: The Horse (Art Director)
- 2004 Bronze Addy Award
Samples of my work can be viewed immediately on the following websites: